Ipad help please

Hi, I've only ever owned android devices and know nothing about Ipads. Could anyone let me know which ones the game will work on please, I assume I can't just buy any. I will want to use the 3D match engine. I'd be after a tablet rather than a phone or laptop ? Also, is a additional charge for the game or just £5 per month fee for Apple Arcade, so £60 per year ?

Hi,

I‘ve always played on iPad and have used various models. My experience has been:

the entry level ipad isn’t great for playing games, particularly intensive ones like FM.

The 3D match engine quickly uses battery- typically full charge on any model will last 90-120 mins when playing in 3D.

the mid level and iPad Pro will run the game fine. I currently have the pro model and it’s a big step up performance wise playing games.

I’ve put the compatibility info from arcade below. Looks like it’s just dependent on the device running a certain iOS or above.

Arcade is £5 a month subscription which gives you access to the whole library of games. No extra cost to play, but potentially purchasable ‘add ons/unlockables’

2D9F4E09-2AE4-492A-A556-1CF8CF91A28C.jpeg

I’ve got the latest iPad mini model. Actually bought it last year in anticipation of FM Touch 22, which obviously never came out to my disappointment.

FM21 works great on it though!

as for the value - it’s £5 a month - however I’d probably stop playing come the end of the season in June (maybe an extra month dependent on my save) so is probably only have it for 9 months. Whilst £45 still sounds a lot for a game, it does give you access to ALL Apple Arcade games.

Final point, you get three months free Apple Arcade when you buy a new Apple device, so actually if you decide to only play until the summer, it might only cost you £30 for 6 months.