Midfield possession help

I play the following possession based system and thought I’d try the 3 playmaker approach to add a bit of space usage and unpredictability for the enemy. (I only ever used 1, if any on my other tactics.)

SK-A

WCB-S NCB-C WCB-D

IWB-A DLP-D IWB-S

AP-S AP-A (both in CM strata)

DLF-A DLF-S

Overall it’s been performing well. But despite having great attributes my AP-S rarely ever does well. (Eg misplacing passes and bad decisions even though both are 15). Not sure what other role would be better. I was thinking BWM rather than B2B as the IWB is on attack. 

Defence is surprisingly solid apart from the NCB sometimes. Might change that role too?

Edited by Englishhammer
Spelling

On 09/10/2022 at 19:16, Englishhammer said:

Overall it’s been performing well. But despite having great attributes my AP-S rarely ever does well.

Watch the players in close proximity to him, I guess the IWB and WCB are drawing toward his position so maybe those two roles are making it too easy for him?

On 09/10/2022 at 19:16, Englishhammer said:

Defence is surprisingly solid apart from the NCB sometimes. Might change that role too?

I would, it's a bit of a lower league brick out house sort of role so won't do a possession system any favours 

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of playmaker roles there.  I would recommend 1 or 2 at the very max.  Maybe have a more industrious DCM role or make the APS a Mez or BBM.  Another suggestion is push the Striker forward who is in line with the  APA as The APA is looking to push forward into the same space that the DLF S is dropping back into.

Just a few thoughts.  :) 

On 10/10/2022 at 01:16, Englishhammer said:

I play the following possession based system and thought I’d try the 3 playmaker approach to add a bit of space usage and unpredictability for the enemy. (I only ever used 1, if any on my other tactics.)

SK-A

WCB-S NCB-C WCB-D

IWB-A DLP-D IWB-S

AP-S AP-A (both in CM strata)

DLF-A DLF-S

Overall it’s been performing well. But despite having great attributes my AP-S rarely ever does well. (Eg misplacing passes and bad decisions even though both are 15). Not sure what other role would be better. I was thinking BWM rather than B2B as the IWB is on attack. 

AP-S not playing because AP-A is doing all the job. You only need 1 AP in the field. You can switch AP-S to BBM/CM-S for potentially better result. If you're playing pressing game then BWM works, otherwise just use CM if BBM is too roamy for you

personally i don't like NCB, they can be too wasteful on possession at times. I prefer CB tbh. Same defensive performance but with ability to recycle possession much more efficient instead of clearing the ball to the orbit. You can use BPD if you're playing direct football