FM21 Pre game editor error

rbirdy17

I load up FM21 pre game editor, go to advanced rules and I try to edit anything, I get a 5-10 second pause than this crash error comes up.

I wont let me edit anything. Someone else deal with this problem with a solution? I have tried all the options like verify cache, reinstall and removing all my editor files in the folder. It still comes up.

Please help thanks

5b0ceba0044abba2bb7d8c105a10e582.png

I reposted this because I am still dealing with the same issue....

And I said how I got to advanced rules in the editor. Going to the competition I want to edit, change the nation to random nation which is bulgaria, than add nations rules, than convert to advanced rules , see the competition I just added and try to edit and this comes up...

Not sure how to upload basic rules for the AFC Cup ( the asian europa league) , I have never edited something going via basic rules, it has always been the way I just described.

Edited by rbirdy17

That might help. Looks like you're only part way through the process of making continental competitions editable.

Also, I'm not sure about FM21 (never played it) but in FM22 the Asian competitions are basically uneditable. I guess due to all the changes that were made due to covid the first season just generates a tonne of errors that can't be resolved. Not sure if that was the case in FM21 too. FM20 was editable at least, but that was also before covid messed a bunch of competitions up.

On 01/10/2022 at 18:09, rusty217 said:

That might help. Looks like you're only part way through the process of making continental competitions editable.

Also, I'm not sure about FM21 (never played it) but in FM22 the Asian competitions are basically uneditable. I guess due to all the changes that were made due to covid the first season just generates a tonne of errors that can't be resolved. Not sure if that was the case in FM21 too. FM20 was editable at least, but that was also before covid messed a bunch of competitions up.

That is to extract a competition from the game it looks like which I dont want to do, but thanks for showing that!

Asian Competitions are editable in FM21 editor, the club ones are anyway. I have and can edit the Asian Champs league, but when I try editing the AFC Cup ( Asian Europa League) the error comes up. I dont get it. It will allow me to edit every other competition/player/staff but only errors for the AFC Cup.

6 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

That is to extract a competition from the game it looks like which I dont want to do, but thanks for showing that!

Asian Competitions are editable in FM21 editor, the club ones are anyway. I have and can edit the Asian Champs league, but when I try editing the AFC Cup ( Asian Europa League) the error comes up. I dont get it. It will allow me to edit every other competition/player/staff but only errors for the AFC Cup.

It's not. It's how to properly edit continental competitions. So that the editor properly recognises that you're editing a continental competition rather than domestic ones and verifies etc. it as such. If you've got it set to Bulgaria and are editing under Bulgaria's rules that's likely to cause issues. Not sure if that's the reason for your problem here, but it's definitely a possibility.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It's not. It's how to properly edit continental competitions. So that the editor properly recognises that you're editing a continental competition rather than domestic ones and verifies etc. it as such. If you've got it set to Bulgaria and are editing under Bulgaria's rules that's likely to cause issues. Not sure if that's the reason for your problem here, but it's definitely a possibility.

How do you import it back in after extracting and editing it? Doesnt say in the tutorial

21 minutes ago, rbirdy17 said:

How do you import it back in after extracting and editing it? Doesnt say in the tutorial

It should say everthing in there. I use a different method (which I did post a little later in that thread, probably pretty close to the end actually) which I think is simpler and just involves copy/pasting the rules files.

9 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

It should say everthing in there. I use a different method (which I did post a little later in that thread, probably pretty close to the end actually) which I think is simpler and just involves copy/pasting the rules files.

Is this possible to extract a competition from say FM21 and import it into FM19? Like the Europa conference league from 21 and importing into FM19?

6 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Is this possible to extract a competition from say FM21 and import it into FM19? Like the Europa conference league from 21 and importing into FM19?

A competition? Possibly. I've never tried, but it's possible to go from FM20 to FM21 for example, so maybe the other way around too. If you extract the file to enable editing it in Notepad you could probably do it, I've never done that myself, but I'd imagine the setup there doesn't typically change.

The Conference League? No. Continental qualifications are hardcoded. So even if you copied over the competition it'd have no teams qualifying for it. You'd have to setup qualification from scratch, which would mean completely re-doing the Europa League and Champions League too since the qualification is linked.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

A competition? Possibly. I've never tried, but it's possible to go from FM20 to FM21 for example, so maybe the other way around too. If you extract the file to enable editing it in Notepad you could probably do it, I've never done that myself, but I'd imagine the setup there doesn't typically change.

The Conference League? No. Continental qualifications are hardcoded. So even if you copied over the competition it'd have no teams qualifying for it. You'd have to setup qualification from scratch, which would mean completely re-doing the Europa League and Champions League too since the qualification is linked.

Ah ok, ya makes sense. I will give this extract option a go and see what happens. All I want to do is edit the AFC Cup prize money

12 minutes ago, rbirdy17 said:

Ah ok, ya makes sense. I will give this extract option a go and see what happens. All I want to do is edit the AFC Cup prize money

Alright, so followed the extract file tutorial on that link, I put my nation as CHINA, and I got to the stage where you reload the database and apply unsaved changes, and the crash error happens....

546640401c6e57a97933e758b70572a7.png

Have you made any changes to the editor itself?

Sorry, I can't really help much more. As I said I don't use that method myself and I also don't own FM21 so I'm not sure if there are any issues with that version of the editor or that specific competition.

10 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Have you made any changes to the editor itself?

Sorry, I can't really help much more. As I said I don't use that method myself and I also don't own FM21 so I'm not sure if there are any issues with that version of the editor or that specific competition.

I have not made any changes to the editor. This error only comes up while trying to edit the AFC Cup. Everything else I can edit. I have tried importing an AFC Cup file from FM19 editor into FM21 editor in the past.