Looking for club!

KlaaZ

Hi all! After a few games with Bodo/Glimt, Parma and recently my home town club Oud-Heverlee Leuven, I'm looking for one final game before FM23.

Ideally, I'd like to play in a bigger country if possible. Italy is out already, as I spent a lot of time there with Parma. I'd rather avoid England as I think it might be too easy once I get to the PL (feel free to change my mind). France is an option, although I already played there with Orléans last year.

So with all that in mind, I'm torn between Spain and Germany. I think both pose a good challenge with a few really good clubs to beat (Bayern and Dortmund vs Real and Barça), and my preference would be Spain but the wage cap is putting me off. Is this really as bad as it sounds?

In both countries, I've narrowed it down to the following clubs, but I'm open to suggestions.

Spain: Sevilla (easier), Valencia (moderate?), Gijon (hard), Almeria (hard). Would focus on signing talent from SA (limited by league rules) and neighbouring countries. Another option would be a Basque club with a similar policy to Atletic.

Germany: Koln, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, 1860, Dynamo Dresden, St Pauli, Karlsruher, Hannover, Kaiserslautern...

It's a really big list, I know, so I'd really appreciate any pointers or suggestions. 😀

Had a pretty good save with Mainz with the original DB. Decent challenge but very interesting, young squad to start with - Burkardt was a machine for me upfront and St. Juste and Niakhate in defence will keep you sorted for a while. Love their kit as well, very old-school Bundesliga-esque.

Finished 7th first season and got to Europe. Can't remember the budget but it was decent enough for me to keep key players and make some good signings.

In Spain, I'd be interested in Osasuna. Basque club, lots of homegrown players, but more freedom in signings then Athletic. Some surprising quality to start with. Not sure about budget. Might start with them actually. Rayo and Deportivo might also be fun.

Thanks both. :) 

Kicked off a game with Almeria, who were the main candidate for winning the title in the Segunda. Didn't know they had a sugar daddy, so I'll see if this leads anywhere. If not, I'll probably go for Germany with Kaiserslautern.