"require maximum of 0 teams, found 44

earthbuilder

Hey everyone, 

I'm trying to create a lower league with subdivisions. However, when I try to test it I get an error saying "Require maximum of 0 teams for DS2, found 44", but the number of teams in the league is 0 (albeit the 2 subdivisions have 22 teams in them each), and the required number of teams in the nation rules are set to 0 as well. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've attached the file so you can see for yourself. 

DK - 5 leagues.fmf

I have been able to sort the issue that you were having (just remove Danmarksserien Pulje 2 from the competition list). You is a problem with promotion/relegation from the league above (Danmarksserien Pulje 1) to the next highest (3. Division). Apparently, there is 3 relegated, but only 2 promoted.

Edited by EnigMattic1

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I have been able to sort the issue that you were having (just remove Danmarksserien Pulje 2 from the competition list). You is a problem with promotion/relegation from the league above (Danmarksserien Pulje 1) to the next highest (3. Division). Apparently, there is 3 relegated, but only 2 promoted.

hmmm.. Removing "Pulje 2" did not seem to fix the issue with it (I have reverted to a normal league table however). Thanks for pointing out the issue with Danmarksserie 1 and 3. Div. However, I receive the following error message now: 

"3. Division, Promoted and relegated teams do not match up for 3. Division (2 relegated) and Danmarksserie 1 (3 promoted) (extra teams requested 0)"

However, In the overview of relegation/promotion spots it looks like this: 

https://imgur.com/OIHWpmV

and for 3. Div. 

https://imgur.com/dWsqtPq

Could this be an issue with the Playoffs? The errormessage only pops up, when I try to test the rules of Danmarksserie 1.

is there anyway to fix this? 

I've attached my latest file to this message also. 

DK - 5 leagues.fmf

5 hours ago, earthbuilder said:

hmmm.. Removing "Pulje 2" did not seem to fix the issue with it (I have reverted to a normal league table however). Thanks for pointing out the issue with Danmarksserie 1 and 3. Div. However, I receive the following error message now: 

"3. Division, Promoted and relegated teams do not match up for 3. Division (2 relegated) and Danmarksserie 1 (3 promoted) (extra teams requested 0)"

However, In the overview of relegation/promotion spots it looks like this: 

https://imgur.com/OIHWpmV

and for 3. Div. 

https://imgur.com/dWsqtPq

Could this be an issue with the Playoffs? The errormessage only pops up, when I try to test the rules of Danmarksserie 1.

is there anyway to fix this? 

I've attached my latest file to this message also. 

DK - 5 leagues.fmf 31.57 kB · 0 downloads

I think, because you have set promotion places from Danmarksserie 1 to "2" and are trying to promote the playoff winner, it is counting 3 teams.

On 22/08/2022 at 07:28, EnigMattic1 said:

I think, because you have set promotion places from Danmarksserie 1 to "2" and are trying to promote the playoff winner, it is counting 3 teams.

ahh yes, that makes sense. It does not seem to work with 3 teams selected for relegation either, however. 

Seems the fastest fix in this case is to have a set amount of promotions and no play-offs for that specific league. 

Thank you so much for your help! :)

7 minutes ago, earthbuilder said:

ahh yes, that makes sense. It does not seem to work with 3 teams selected for relegation either, however. 

Seems the fastest fix in this case is to have a set amount of promotions and no play-offs for that specific league. 

Thank you so much for your help! :)

When I got the error, it mentioned flexible rules. Have you tried changing from fixed to flexible? I am just taking a stab in the dark here as I haven't touched promotion/relegation in any of my database edits.

I mean, you could always switch to advanced rules for England (separate file of course) and see how the promotion/relegation is set up there.

27 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

When I got the error, it mentioned flexible rules. Have you tried changing from fixed to flexible? I am just taking a stab in the dark here as I haven't touched promotion/relegation in any of my database edits.

I mean, you could always switch to advanced rules for England (separate file of course) and see how the promotion/relegation is set up there.

I saw that too, for Denmarksserie 1, when I first received the error - and did then change it to flexible. 

Ha! and what a shot in the dark that was! This is my first database using Advanced rules, so I've used the English leagues to set up my Danish ones, and as it turns out Sky Bet League Two (DKS 1 in my case) is set for 1 promotion spot with 2 possible, and not 2 promotion spots overall. It seems I have made a typo somewhere. I would truly not have thought to double check that, if you had not just mentioned. 

Once again Thank you very much!