Defending Set Pieces

ElJefe4

When you're leading a game late on, the opposition will often leave an extra man up top if you get a set piece, sometimes they'll have a 3v2 and a good chance of a counter attack.

There should be an option, probably via suggestion by your Assistant Manager, to leave an extra man back with just one click.

As far as I know this doesn't exist so you have to go into the set pieces menu and manually drag an extra player onto 'Stay Back'.

It's the kind of thing which, in real life, would be sorted by a simple shout from the touchline - so would make sense to bring it into FM as well.

On 16/08/2022 at 16:37, ElJefe4 said:

When you're leading a game late on, the opposition will often leave an extra man up top if you get a set piece, sometimes they'll have a 3v2 and a good chance of a counter attack.

There should be an option, probably via suggestion by your Assistant Manager, to leave an extra man back with just one click.

As far as I know this doesn't exist so you have to go into the set pieces menu and manually drag an extra player onto 'Stay Back'.

It's the kind of thing which, in real life, would be sorted by a simple shout from the touchline - so would make sense to bring it into FM as well.

Agree.  I prepare an extra set of set pieces, which I title "safe" to switch to when protecting a lead late.  I also change my attacking set pieces - for example, I'll have my CBs stay back on corners instead of attacking the posts.  Unfortunately, the game does not always load them properly, so it takes some time to check them