Expectation AI & interaction

kevgaleuk

I wonder if this can be looked at as it seems to drive a lot of dead ends in the game

For example...

Players unhappy. How often is the young kid in the U23's coming to you after a transfer window is shut saying they are not happy as they feel they aren't going to make it at the club. Chances are not but until the summer (or at least the next window) I can't really do much about it. I appreciate a lot of the time that just ends in a great to know you know how I am feeling but it feels like a lost opportunity as I am sure part of management is managing these scenarios for both the senior pro's and the kids trying to knock on the door

Possible fixes...

• Add into the interaction the option to revisit the chat at the end of the season. "focus on your development for the next couple of months and lets talk about it at the end of the season / just before the next transfer window" - perhaps in that follow up session (or even in the first one) rather than it be the full confrontation or full acceptance mode that interactions are today it could be based around the "playing time" mechanic. I see you as x this year, maybe x next year and so on. I see you as x this year but a loan next season to get the experience you need", things like that. Naturally they have their views which may or may not be aligned, they may or may not agree to the plan you have in place for them but its more of a conversation than an argument. They might push for an early loan for example, you might discuss what level etc
  • For more senior pros I don't know if they necessarily come asking for loans but I do think the ability to discuss how you see them in the squad (more interactive method of changing playing time) is valuable - their form, other players form etc may all have changed it since they signed or that status was set. They may have gotten older and their playing time needs managing etc. For older players offering them the chance to be a player 18/21 coach on the side to help with their development might also alleviate the older pros wanting out because they are not playing - obviously for some it won't!

Board Unhappy...

Like players its a bit black and white - we set an expectation and you haven't met it - I feel like boards are ambitious but I suspect the Liverpool and Man City boards aren't jumping up and down on their manager for losing the league by 2 points; runs of injuries or another club being stellar is context that the AI doesn't seem to have. I think most boards have the challenge for / battle against mentality than the outright expectation. Maybe in 1 team leagues the expectation might be more pronounced but in leagues like the premier league I would suspect they know its a challenge not a given win. Obviously if you fall off by 10-20 points I'd expect dissatisfaction. 

While this area could definitely do with some improvements, I don’t think things are quite as bad as you do.

On the player side, if you tell the player that would look to sell him as soon as possible, the promise will take into account when the next transfer window is. So for example if you make the promise in September, you will normally have ~150 days to complete the promise. During that time, you can give him opportunities to put himself in the shop window in minor cup games etc. and also offer him out to try and generate interest.
For senior players wanting a loan, that can be a bit weird. Especially when their motivation is to find a permanent move, you say “I’d rather sell you” and then they back down completely.

On the board side, I think it depends on the chairman’s stats. I have won 4 premier league titles, yet my expectation is still only to challenge for the title. Some boards are more ambitious than others, some are more prone to sackings than others. So there should be a fair bit of variety in game already. Still room for improvement, but in my experience, it’s not too bad.

in my opinion it is the other way around, the ambitions of the boards should be much higher. In many leagues around the world they fire the coach in the fifth game. The Premier League is very careful not to fire managers so easily, but it is an exception globally.

I have a game in which Real Madrid has won the League for 5 consecutive years and the Barcelona coach is still the same.
This is absolutely impossible in real life, if a coach loses a single league managing Madrid or Barcelona (and especially if his rival is the winner) he is automatically fired.

Edited by Señor Dan

• 2 months later...