FM 2020 - Relatively high probability that the game freezes when a penalty is awarded

Hi everyone,

I am a quite experiences FM player and I am currently playing FM 2020 since a while.

Since the beginning I had occasional game freezes once a penalty is awarded during a match (forcing me to quit and restart the game). My impression is that now it is happening much more frequently than at the beginning of my save, which is quite annoying. It forces me to save often (say every two-three matches) to avoid loosing my progresses.

Of course, I searched the internet and the forums for a possible solution, but I have not been able to find it. I have been told that it may be caused by the use of custom graphics, but the only things I added to my game are (should be) name fixes. Therefore, I would REALLY appreciate if someone could point me to a possible cause and solution (also explain how exactly I should check if I have custom graphics).

Thank you in advance!

Custom graphics are any third party graphics that you have downloaded and installed over the original game, so only you will know what you have.  Find those files in your Graphics folder and delete them then delete the cache and confirm the graphics in preferences.

• 1 month later...

Back again on this.

The problem, at least in my case, seems not related to the graphic. I do not have a graphics folder and I did not installed any custom graphics. I have also installed FM2020 on a new  PC and the problem persists.

The only thing I noticed is that the probability for the game to freeze in case a penalty is given becomes almost 100% if I leave the game open and come back playing after a while. The more the time the game is open without  actually playing it (just left open so that when I come back i can resume my game immediately, without having to launch FM again) the highest the probability for it to freeze as soon as the next penalty is given during the match.

I would really appreciate any other suggestion or possible solution.

Thanks!

Edited by apadovani