Player Contracts before Fee Agreed

I’ve noticed a lot of reports this summer of players agreeing personal terms/contracts with a new club before a transfer fee has been accepted by the players club. Is this something you can do in the game now? Or is it something that could be coming soon?

This feature is not in the game at the moment.  It is also a bizarre concept that you would spend time and effort to deal with a player before knowing whether you can reach a deal to buy him.  I do wonder how many of these reports are paper talk and how many are fact.  The penalties for poaching can be quite high, so I do wonder if this will ever be introduced into the game unless it becomes the norm in the future.

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

This feature is not in the game at the moment.  It is also a bizarre concept that you would spend time and effort to deal with a player before knowing whether you can reach a deal to buy him.  I do wonder how many of these reports are paper talk and how many are fact.  The penalties for poaching can be quite high, so I do wonder if this will ever be introduced into the game unless it becomes the norm in the future.

On the other hand, it's no point agreeing transfer between clubs and then find out that the player snubs you. 

I think that if the current club is willing to sell on principle, parallel negotiations is a reasonable way. Obviously there is still possibility that clubs fail to reach agreement, but I believe that in most cases they agree in transfer fee after some back and forth haggling. 

19 minutes ago, Draakon said:

On the other hand, it's no point agreeing transfer between clubs and then find out that the player snubs you. 

I think that if the current club is willing to sell on principle, parallel negotiations is a reasonable way. Obviously there is still possibility that clubs fail to reach agreement, but I believe that in most cases they agree in transfer fee after some back and forth haggling. 

This is the impression I get too.

Once the clubs reach a certain point in their negotiations, the selling club gives permission for the buying club to discuss personal terms with the player.

Then both sides are finalised through their respective negotiations.

4 hours ago, gunner86 said:

This is the impression I get too.

Once the clubs reach a certain point in their negotiations, the selling club gives permission for the buying club to discuss personal terms with the player.

Then both sides are finalised through their respective negotiations.

I think that this approach is reasonable and understandable- starting to negotiate with the player whilst some way down the road of negotiation with the club.  Cold negotiations with the player before any transfer negotiations have started is unlikely.