Influencing nationalities of a youth intake.

EnigMattic1

I know youth intakes can be influenced by factors such as nationalities of staff and certain affiliate relations, but is it possible to influence them in the editor?

For example, if a region is known to have a strong community of a different nationality or somewhere like Quebec which generates a lot of French-Canadians (or French-Canadiens)?

Edited by EnigMattic1

There is the trick to create a new city and move your club to that city.

Another one would be the Pays Basque where instead of just one city, you move all cities from Quebec to a newly created local region which you have put in France.

I don't really want to move any cities or anything. I was just curious as to whether or not something like that could be easily done in the editor. Like how a lot of Dutch or French players have an African second nationality.

On 23/06/2022 at 20:51, Wolf_pd said:

That’s set at a place we can’t edit. Too bad, because i would love to edit it.

There was a thread over on another forum in which the process worked, but it involved moving the local region to the desired country but leaving the cities in the "home" country. It could also be increased by adding languages to the local region too, apparently. I am wondering whether this would be possible if you just added the languages?

7 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

There was a thread over on another forum in which the process worked, but it involved moving the local region to the desired country but leaving the cities in the "home" country. It could also be increased by adding languages to the local region too, apparently. I am wondering whether this would be possible if you just added the languages?

That's the Basque City route I mentioned. Language will not per se add nationalities, although it can influence the name base used for the people names.

4 horas atrás, Wolf_pd disse:

That's the Basque City route I mentioned. Language will not per se add nationalities, although it can influence the name base used for the people names.

so if i reactive USSR and move russian clubs to it, could they play in europe and create russian newgens?

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

No, not as far as I am aware.

In my experience the language can effect the first and second names as well as ethnicity. It's hard to know what exactly effects what to what extent but it's best to try all the methods you can to influence regens coming out how you want. 

Language, regions, cities, etc.

44 minutes ago, LeoFreire98 said:

so if i reactive USSR and move russian clubs to it, could they play in europe and create russian newgens?

Yes, could be that since the region is Eastern Europe you will be seeing some other names as well.

9 hours ago, Renskay said:

In my experience the language can effect the first and second names as well as ethnicity. It's hard to know what exactly effects what to what extent but it's best to try all the methods you can to influence regens coming out how you want. 

Language, regions, cities, etc.

Yeah, I'm gonna run a test using just languages. I will let you guys know what happens. Also, on that note, if I had somewhere that speaks English and added, for example, Ukrainian as another language set at 100%, would players then need to learn it?

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Newgens would probably get the language right away. Current players would need to learn it.

Would they still be required to learn it if the percentage wasn't set at 100% in the editor? Also, what does said percentage actually mean?

5 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Would they still be required to learn it if the percentage wasn't set at 100% in the editor? Also, what does said percentage actually mean?

The percentage is the percentage of people born of the nationality that know the language. Newgens will be assigned the language accoridng to the percentage, so 100% will mean every newgen knowing the language and 60% will mean that 60% (or thereabout) will know the language.

14 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

The percentage is the percentage of people born of the nationality that know the language. Newgens will be assigned the language accoridng to the percentage, so 100% will mean every newgen knowing the language and 60% will mean that 60% (or thereabout) will know the language.

Thanks for that. The editor can be pretty vague in certain areas.