Unable to choose a tactic from drop down menu for U18s

For some peculiar reason I can not choose a tactic from the dropdown menu of my U18s and also the tactics that are displayed in the UI are previous tactics I had used before and not the current tactics I have saved. I tried clearing the cache but it did nothing to resolve the issue.

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Have you checked that you have not selected the option to use the first team tactics for the under 18s?

Where is the option to select this? I know I have it selected because my U18s are following my tactic but I cant see it in the Staff Responsibilities -> Tactics. Only Team selection advice and opposition instructions

4 hours ago, FrazT said:

Have you checked that you have not selected the option to use the first team tactics for the under 18s?

Apologies but I am not seeing this option if you mean do I have the Primary Tactic checked against the Managers Preferred Formation then no.

The problem is I can not even do this if I wanted to, the drop down menu for the U18s Primary Tactic seems to be stuck - if that makes sense?

I would assume I need to clear something somewhere for it to work again as it has worked in the past but no idea what.