Beastly performances from low 'rated' players

My player who is rated 2.5 stars, is one of my best players for my man utd side where I have 4 and 5 star rated players with better stats. I dont understand this game, and why his rating is so low and hasnt changed. Look at his in game evaluation, and now see his stats. In the 26/27 season he scored 34 goals and 6 assists in 35 games... yet his rating still doesnt change? whats up with that?

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by isa-998

His star rating a reflection of how your coaches evaluate his Current Ability (this is a hidden attribute in the game) against other members of your squad (and to a lesser extent, against the overall quality of the league you are in). You coaches will be giving him 2.5 stars because there will be forwards in your squad who will be better, no? If you're Manchester United, you're going to have forwards with better finishing and composure than 13, and players with better vision, passing and first touch than him. It is also worth considering that being a 'squad player' at an elite level club like Man United probably still makes him better than 'star players' at lower midtable clubs; it is all relative to the level you're playing at.

If he is 25 and he has reached the peak of his potential he won't develop dramatically no matter how well he plays. But, honestly, don't worry about it too much. Star ratings are, at best, a guide to help you work out who the technically better and lesser players in your squad is. Current Ability and Potential Ability are hidden attribute that can definitely take some of the fun and mystery out of the game if you dwell on them too much, imho.

What actually matters for players their attributes (and how how players with those attributes work in your system), and also form and consistency. Just like in real life, what matters with strikers isn't how 'good' or 'bad' they are on paper, only how many goals they score.

This dude is playing well for you. I assume that in the coaching report 'consistency' is listed as one of his strengths? If so, he should probably continue to play well for you. It might only becomes a problem if he has a blip; but if he played so well for you for so many years, maybe that won't happen. Might be worth having some squad depth just in case, though.

Edited by Bojanbbz94

His top attribute is 15 where you'll probably have players with multiple 17 to 20's so his star rating isn't as high as others

Obviously your tactic suits him and the other players around him are supporting him well so he's getting the job done, it's basically the complete opposite of when someone says they have a 5 star striker that doesn't score :thup: