Can't Score From Corners

Not sure if this is a problem with the match engine or not but I have never scored from a corner, not sure if this has happened with anyone else? Every time I get a corner it's a bit pointless as I know nothing will come from it. Is there a way of scoring from corners? The other teams have no problem scoring from them. PS. I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. Started a new game with La Nucia in the lowest league in Spain and my tactical style is control possession and I'm doing much better now.  

Edited by Hummingbird Saltalamacchia

16 hours ago, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

Not sure if this is a problem with the match engine or not but I have never scored from a corner, not sure if this has happened with anyone else? Every time I get a corner it's a bit pointless as I know nothing will come from it. Is there a way of scoring from corners? The other teams have no problem scoring from them. PS. I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. Started a new game with La Nucia in the lowest league in Spain and my tactical style is control possession and I'm doing much better now.  

There is a cheat way to do it but I don't like it. It doesn't feel very immersive as it looks silly and it's still far from 100% anyway.

Instead this is the way I set up:

2 players stay back. I tend to use a back 4 so it's my full backs, preferably who you pick will have good pace. This prevents nearly every possible counter attack from a failed corner.

I have my two best headers of the ball attack the near post and mark the keeper with the third best (often my striker) attack far post. I have one lurk outside area, preferably one with good long shots (check coach report for traits). Then I have two go forward and two attack ball from deep. 

I don't instruct the corner to go any particular location.

This gets me quite a few goals from corners, particularly from the front and back posts and the player marking the keeper. But it also results in the occasional goal from other players too.

P.s. glad to hear you're back, I had a feeling you wouldn't be able to stay away :)

Edited by ElliottMS

I gotta agree with the OP, I never score from corners. Like, ever. For months I just went with the default settings, they don't work. Besides, when using them you get hit on the counter a lot. 

I then took the time to create a proper routine, this guy here, that guy here. Still can't score. 

@Marc Vaughan I think there is a feature request hidden here; improve the default corner settings. This being a mobile "short burst" game and all, I think it would make sense if the default settings were at least half decent and got you a few goals during a season. Then obviously the player could improve the settings by doing them manually. Currently the default settings are useless, at least that's my experience over a number of saves.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, Footix said:

I gotta agree with the OP, I never score from corners. Like, ever. For months I just went with the default settings, they don't work. Besides, when using them you get hit on the counter a lot. 

I then took the time to create a proper routine, this guy here, that guy here. Still can't score. 

@Marc Vaughan I think there is a feature request hidden here; improve the default corner settings. This being a mobile "short burst" game and all, I think it would make sense if the default settings were at least half decent and got you a few goals during a season. Then obviously the player could improve the settings by doing them manually. Currently the default settings are useless, at least that's my experience over a number of saves.

I've added this to my ever growing list of things to look into .. :D