Help setting up OFC Champions League seedings

Rainbowz

I've attempted to re-create the OFC Champions League to allow my custom Nauru nation to compete. However, the seedings are slightly messed up, as New Zealand now don't qualify for the competition and there are a disproportionate amount of teams qualifying from certain nations. I've tried converting to Advanced rules to fix this, but get an error about the u19 competition being broken (which I haven't touched)

I've attached my file, if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to fix it, I'd appreciate it massively.

NauruCL2.fmf

Edited by Rainbowz

I'd suggest re-creating it from scratch instead. Continental qualification rules basically can't be edited.

You can use your Nauru DB file so the nation you want to get teams from exists in the DB, just remove the rules and save as a different name. Then re-load that file (in my experience removing rules doesn't always work properly unless you save/re-load after) and then add continental rules instead. You should be able to do most, if not all, of it in the basic rules editor.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'd suggest re-creating it from scratch instead. Continental qualification rules basically can't be edited.

You can use your Nauru DB file so the nation you want to get teams from exists in the DB, just remove the rules and save as a different name. Then re-load that file (in my experience removing rules doesn't always work properly unless you save/re-load after) and then add continental rules instead. You should be able to do most, if not all, of it in the basic rules editor.

Are there any guides for re-creating CL competitions in the Editor? I don't understand what a few of the things are asking, such as seeding and how to pull teams from the right competitions.

• Rainbowz changed the title to Help setting up OFC Champions League seedings
On 30/04/2022 at 23:13, Wolf_pd said:

Can you upload the file? I have build a file for the Iron Curtain which works, so I could help you.

It's in the OP. Reverted it to basic rules for simplicities sake, but couldn't suss it out there either.

2 hours ago, Rainbowz said:

It's in the OP. Reverted it to basic rules for simplicities sake, but couldn't suss it out there either.

Seeds in basic are messy, so that you couldn't get it to work there makes sense.