Player wants to win "the league"?

What is he meaning is he talking about a different league? We won the league 2 months ago (summer season ended in november/december). 

oiwbMXO.png

Look at Career Milestones near the middle of this screenshot.

SiFJ6va.png

Is there a way for me to tell him "but we just won the league 2 months ago, whats the problem?" :D

Its FM20. Some of the interactions does not make much sense at all. it feels like talking to robots. perhaps ill buy fm23 if things become better (a bit late to buy fm22.).

I had a second talk with him and he is not angry anymore, but he is a star player now., he is my main DCR so that works out fine.

mxsN9bT.png

Player interactions in general are pretty bad, even in FM22. I had an end of season meeting after getting Boro into the Champions' League for the first time. I told my squad we'd be trying for a top-half finish next season and they were happy with that, with one or two thinking it was too ambitious. Then I suggested we'd just try to give a good account of ourselves in the CL only to have the entire squad get annoyed because I wasn't being ambitious enough. they thought we should reach the latter stages, apparently.

I think the game needs a way to enable managers to point to recent results and successes in these interactions. They feel disconnected from reality a lot of the time.

3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Player interactions in general are pretty bad, even in FM22. I had an end of season meeting after getting Boro into the Champions' League for the first time. I told my squad we'd be trying for a top-half finish next season and they were happy with that, with one or two thinking it was too ambitious. Then I suggested we'd just try to give a good account of ourselves in the CL only to have the entire squad get annoyed because I wasn't being ambitious enough. they thought we should reach the latter stages, apparently.

I think the game needs a way to enable managers to point to recent results and successes in these interactions. They feel disconnected from reality a lot of the time.

I can kind of see a logic in that - in as much as, they’re prepared to sacrifice league position in order to have a good run in Europe.

Mind you, promises has been, let’s say, unreliable at best for several editions now so I doubt that’s actually the case