cwb doesn't hug the line properly. Is it a trait problem? plz some help!

i have built a 4-3-3 tactic, trying to play a total football style, picking up players very carefully. The only problem i have is with my CWB(s), who doesn't hug the touchline, except in a few, rare times. I had 3 thoughts in my mind a) he isn't consistent, b) it's a trait thing, c) it's caused from the movement of the player in front of him, an IW(a). The tactic is this:

juve433.png.2b6ce9a6ce1fd4e06b6e1745575d641a.png

the player is this: Screenshot_1.png.d05d7edd554e9108fc4a1c5f36f656dc.png

should he have the "runs with ball down left" trait to perform in the right manner? I'm almost giving up with him but i'd like to find the answer and not just gamble on an other player.

3 minutes ago, afailed10 said:

Have you tried other players to see if it's a role issue? If not it could be the PPM's like you say, the cut inside from left or even the low teamwork.

one loanee from inter has only 12 teamwork and an other one young prospect has 15 but both aren't responding properly. To minimise the effect of cutting inside and to up his mentality to attacking i clicked the overlap instruction. I thought that would be enough. 

The role is maybe the issue but i made this system to play only roles who can occupy 2 places and every player is trained like that. For example my IF at the right has both cut inside and hugs line and executes his role properly. Only my DLP seems fixes but he comes deep too, sometimes playing like a DM role a little wider to the left of course. 

Complete Wing Back (either support or attack) has 'Roam From Position' hard coded into their PIs. The description of the role even notes this further by stating that the player will look to roam from position to effect the game in the final third.

I suggest you opt for the traditional wing back role if you want the player to hug the touchline.  I personally only use CWB if I have a player who has exceptional physicals and technicals that has the ability to impact the game more than a traditional wing back. And there isn't many that suit that role.

1900369453_ScreenShot2022-02-08at3_43_13pm.thumb.png.cd5e3b7a40e2a92114ae8c8d0d4c0d3e.png

10 hours ago, pearsiesgunners said:

Complete Wing Back (either support or attack) has 'Roam From Position' hard coded into their PIs. The description of the role even notes this further by stating that the player will look to roam from position to effect the game in the final third.

I suggest you opt for the traditional wing back role if you want the player to hug the touchline.  I personally only use CWB if I have a player who has exceptional physicals and technicals that has the ability to impact the game more than a traditional wing back. And there isn't many that suit that role.

1900369453_ScreenShot2022-02-08at3_43_13pm.thumb.png.cd5e3b7a40e2a92114ae8c8d0d4c0d3e.png

16 hours ago, afailed10 said:

Have you tried other players to see if it's a role issue? If not it could be the PPM's like you say, the cut inside from left or even the low teamwork.

it was the role indeed. CWB(s) was switched to WB(a) and the IW(a) turned to IF(s) to balance the mentality. Much better positioning at the final third. Thanks a lot!