Tactical noob ned help

Need help to improve my ManUtd tactic. I am doing okay, but struggling against the best teams like City and Lpool. Just lost 0-4 away to City and was lucky to not lose more

Possession Gained

Spoiler

Gjenvunnetball.JPG

Possession lost

Spoiler

ZoneMap.JPG

General Preformance

Spoiler

Generel Stats.JPG

XG Table

Spoiler

XG Table.jpg

My Tactics in my last game

UNITED!.jpg

Edited by Maazen

• Maazen changed the title to Tactical noob ned help

I think you need to switch some thing up, especially up front. All attackers are on attack, so no one is making space for another player to use. And with United you can be a bit more brave than balanced mentality and using FBsu and WBde. This is something I would try:

AFat

IFsu                                      IWsu

APsu     MEZat

HBde

WBsu     CDde     CDde     WBsu

GKde

mentality - positive
in possession - shorter passing, play out of defence, higher tempo, work ball in box, be more expressive
in transition - distribute to CB's and FB's, counter-press
out of possession - higher D-line, higher LOE, more often, prevent short gk distribution, use tighter marking

On 05/01/2022 at 20:35, Maazen said:

My Tactics in my last game

UNITED!.jpg

When playing against good teams like City and Liverpool, it can be beneficial to be a little more conservative. I don't mean sticking 10 men behind the ball on a defensive mentality, but rather making small adjustment to help navigate these games.

Try lowering the defensive line as this will reduce the space that these teams can play into. Players with exceptional passing and vision like De Bruyne will be able to exploit the space in behind consistently. It also doesn't suit a player like Maguire, who is slow and unagile. Need to think about where your team's weaknesses are. Man Utd's squad is much better suited to a counter-attacking style.

You've also opted for a slow build-up, which will naturally allow the opposition to get into their defensive shape. So you therefore need to make more of an effort to create space in the final third. Not a single player in your team is doing this IMO. They're charging forward, into what I imagine will be very compact block.

Also bear in mind that playing slow and short when getting pressed high (as teams like City and Liverpool will do) is asking for trouble. They'll just pick you off. You need to move the ball quicker and attack the space that the press leaves. Have a think about how your team will handle a high press.

Edited by Luizinho