"Disbelief at Santiago Bernabeu": Psychology of the Underdog?

You might find this curious. I'm running CD Ibiza at La Liga, after successive promotions up from the fourth division. I'm now fighting comfortably against relegation. My team performance has been somewhat inconsistent: losing against weak clubs, and beating mega clubs. For example, after losing 4 matches straight, I finally won, 1-nil against Real Madrid!  I'm being typically supportive and relaxed in my peep talks in most matches, but I wonder if there are psychological factors making my team overperform against mega clubs. Or is this just random?... Any thoughts? What's your experience as underdog, David vs Goliath, etc... Thanks!

image.png.19ab3cf75b06e67f7163a6e69ecd3c64.png

Edited by phd_angel

Interesting topic in my opinion which should be looked more closely to make this game harder. Like you know to answer this games result it would need a lot more data and even then it would be a guess :D My guess before these is that RM has won many games before you and management played you down causing overconfidence and sloppynes. In any case I would look for answer what RM did wrong because thay got so huge attribute advantage. Sorry ;) anyway great victory and numbers doesn't lie ;)

Both teams:

- Statistics of the match / .pkm

- Tactics

-Team talks (we don't get access to opponents)

- training schedules of the month

- schedules

Edited by Pasonen