What Makes Player a 'Wonderkid' Media Description

B80

Hi all,

Was wondering what makes a player a 'wonderkid' in media description.

Assume Potential of course. But does a player need to have a certain rep as well?  So if player has really high potential, but plays for 'backwater' league, country etc, will he not get the wonderkid tag as reputation not high enough? Or is it simply applied to anyone that has high potential rating?

- Reputation of the club he is contracted to
- Being in the national set up, and then reputation of the nation.
- Reputation of the league he plays in.
- Being in the top league of a country.

And that's just a few suggestions. The list goes on.

4 hours ago, ShaunG95 said:

The only important thing that dictates whether a player is a wonderkid or not is their level of current ability. I won't type in the exact number of current ability as I'm aware some people don't want to know these details.

OK so if they have really high potential, but low ability they won't get it as description until ability increases?

Whereas someone with high ability (for a youngster) with lower potential may get wonderkid tag?

Their age, obviously is the first factor. Then it's ability and reputation.

Potential isn't a factor in the description. It's a media description, so it's a player that's attracted a lot of attention, so that's where the high rep comes in. I've bought young players (in previous versions) who weren't described as wonderkids, who 'became' wonderkids shortly after I bought them because of the reputation increase.

Interesting, thanks

38 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Their age, obviously is the first factor. Then it's ability and reputation.

Potential isn't a factor in the description. It's a media description, so it's a player that's attracted a lot of attention, so that's where the high rep comes in. I've bought young players (in previous versions) who weren't described as wonderkids, who 'became' wonderkids shortly after I bought them because of the reputation increase.

Interesting, thanks mate.  So it's not necessarily some kind of nudge of approval that theres a high likelihood os should I say guarantee they're going to be a top player, assuming good training setups, 1st team exposure/experience etc.

Struggling to think of a modern example, but maybe someone like Joachim at Leicester back in the early 90's or maybe Bojan at barca. Both had a fair amount of hype around becoming superstars, but they never did for one reason or another.

Edited by B80

16 minutes ago, B80 said:

Interesting, thanks

Interesting, thanks mate.  So it's not necessarily some kind of nudge of approval that theres a high likelihood os should I say guarantee they're going to be a top player, assuming good training setups, 1st team exposure/experience etc.

Struggling to think of a modern example, but maybe someone like Joachim at Leicester back in the early 90's or maybe Bojan at barca. Both had a fair amount of hype around becoming superstars, but they never did for one reason or another.

Here's an example of it, but be aware that it contains PA and rep numbers (in general, not of specific players) to show that CA and Rep are factors and that PA is not.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/474880-wonderkid-lists-cheating/page/2/#comment-11850276

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Here's an example of it, but be aware that it contains PA and rep numbers (in general, not of specific players) to show that CA and Rep are factors and that PA is not.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/474880-wonderkid-lists-cheating/page/2/#comment-11850276

many thanks guv. won't take a look for now, but curiosity may get better of me later... :D

4 minutes ago, B80 said:

many thanks guv. won't take a look for now, but curiosity may get better of me later... :D

You don't have to look. Without numbers, it's basically:

High CA for his age, no/low reputation and High PA - only "promising" defender/midfielder/striker etc

High CA, High Rep and High PA = "wonderkid"

High CA, High Rep and PA=CA (so no room to grow) = "wonderkid"

There can be plenty of promising young players in the world without being labelled a "wonderkid". They haven't been discovered yet, basically.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You don't have to look. Without numbers, it's basically:

High CA for his age, no/low reputation and High PA - only "promising" defender/midfielder/striker etc

High CA, High Rep and High PA = "wonderkid"

High CA, High Rep and PA=CA (so no room to grow) = "wonderkid"

Spot on, cheers! I will glance over thread as can easily avoid looking at numbers anyway .... tbh I play xbox version anyway so can;t (and not interested anyway) in revealing hidden attributes. 

appears you can change custom view to show media description, so could be useful for player searches... (although no guarentees they'll turn out better than a 'promising' player going by above.

and of course we have the top 50 wonderkids list published each season in the game...

Edited by B80

10 hours ago, B80 said:

OK so if they have really high potential, but low ability they won't get it as description until ability increases?

Whereas someone with high ability (for a youngster) with lower potential may get wonderkid tag?

Essentially yes to both of your questions, providing the current ability hits the certain threshold.