How to edit the colors in a skin?

RomaRulez

Hi all.  I want to edit the colors in one of the skins I hve, but it's a .fmf file and I don't know how to edit it?  I'm visually impaired, including some color blindness, and I just want to change the colors of the highlights of the "primary" and "secondary" attributes colors when looking at a player's profile.  The default green and blue are too close together for me and it's hard to me to tell the difference.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, RomaRulez said:

Hi all.  I want to edit the colors in one of the skins I hve, but it's a .fmf file and I don't know how to edit it?  I'm visually impaired, including some color blindness, and I just want to change the colors of the highlights of the "primary" and "secondary" attributes colors when looking at a player's profile.  The default green and blue are too close together for me and it's hard to me to tell the difference.  Thanks.

Usually, you would need to download the resource archiver to unpack the .fmf file and then go into the settings xml. I believe (and there are a lot more experienced skinners who could correct me if I'm wrong) that you can change pretty much all the colours in that file unless the relevant panel xml says otherwise. 

What are you trying to change exactly? 

Edited by EnigMattic1

19 minutos atrás, RomaRulez disse:

Just as @EnigMattic1mentioned, you will need to extract the settings.xml file from that .fmf thing, using the Resource Archiver. More on that HERE:

Once you have your settings.xml extracted and opened, look for the lines below and mess around with the colour value inside the "  ". You can use a RGB colour or something that you like that is already in that file.

<!-- Highlight attributes for role -->

<colour value="fg blue" name="preferred attribute"/>

<colour value="fg green" name="required attribute"/>

Sorry if I am wrong, but if I can remember correctly, this is what I did to change mine as well.

Edited by lugui

Thanks for the responses.  I think you are correct about how to fix the colors I want to fix.  The problem is the resource archiver.  It doesn't do anything when I launch it.  The screen blinks for a second and that's it.  I watched a short video on YT about it, and while the video is not in English, it was obvious when the archiver was opened that it's not what happens when I open it.  I've tried to verify the files and to uninstall and reinstall it and nothing works.

37 minutes ago, RomaRulez said:

Thanks for the responses.  I think you are correct about how to fix the colors I want to fix.  The problem is the resource archiver.  It doesn't do anything when I launch it.  The screen blinks for a second and that's it.  I watched a short video on YT about it, and while the video is not in English, it was obvious when the archiver was opened that it's not what happens when I open it.  I've tried to verify the files and to uninstall and reinstall it and nothing works.

What skin are you using?