Dynamic relegation + forced B-team relegation

MichielVM

Is there a way to combine dynamic relegation with forced B-team relegation when some B-teams play in the normal league pyramid?

It seems like these force relegations (when the first team of a B-team relegates, the B-team often has to drop to a lower level as well) prevent the stages of the dynamic relegation system from properly ending. Some competitions do not appoint a champion at the end of the season an they do not restart next season either. 

I believe a B-team finishing mid-table and then being force relegated, resulting in more relegated teams than planned for with the dynamic relegation, is just one of the problems here.

Any ideas or experience with this issue?

1 minute ago, MichielVM said:

Thanks, that's very nice of you :)

In my first test without any other settings added - B-team is force relegated right after main team get their relegation fate. I added point deduction to main team so this happened in april.

Maybe problem is not that rule - i need to adapt my dynamic relegation system to this. Will test further...

Weird thing is that the top two leagues do finish, then there is the third level, it does not have dynamic relegation, but the relegated teams are fed into the dynamic relegation from the fourth level onward. This third level does not finish properly, neither do the fourth, fifth or sixth. In the lowest levels (7-9) I grouped the dynamic relegation in one competition per region (there's often more than two competitions per region at that level) and here the competitions with the dynamic relegation stages do not finish, while the other competitions in that region, feeding into those stages do finish.

Hopefully the extra information will help find the issue!

1 hour ago, MichielVM said:

Weird thing is that the top two leagues do finish, then there is the third level, it does not have dynamic relegation, but the relegated teams are fed into the dynamic relegation from the fourth level onward. This third level does not finish properly, neither do the fourth, fifth or sixth. In the lowest levels (7-9) I grouped the dynamic relegation in one competition per region (there's often more than two competitions per region at that level) and here the competitions with the dynamic relegation stages do not finish, while the other competitions in that region, feeding into those stages do finish.

Hopefully the extra information will help find the issue!

I changed my system and it works. Force relegation rule is applied right after main team gets their relegation fate (R letter).

Will upload my file and save game so you can take a look.

Editor file:

Test dynamic relegation plus force- B team relegation.fmf

Save game:

Dynamic relegation - force relegation B teams.fm

16 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

I changed my system and it works. Force relegation rule is applied right after main team gets their relegation fate (R letter).

Will upload my file and save game so you can take a look.

Thanks!

As you can see that "force relegation" rule is applied very early. This was not the case back in fm18 i think. I tried to help some guy from Denmark to create his lower leagues and dynamic relegation was broken because of this.

I guess SI fixed this issue because i raised this in bugs section back then.

Screenshot_423.thumb.png.d14bfa12842d6cbb51b42c8c90d3c8f7.png

5 minutes ago, MichielVM said:

Does the force relegated team count as one of the teams relegated by the dynamic relegation system?

Yeah i changed that.

Also i changed to hidden stages and everything works. Club history us added also.

I just realized i will have to change something else.  Take my league bealgrade as example.

I have 2 fixed relegations in that league. Other relegations will be calculated with relegation zone/decider stages. And thats ok. What will happen if i have multiple b teams in that league? If 1 or 2 main teams are relegated from level above - nothing will change. Relegated teams in this league will just change but number will be the same. Now this is question - what if 3 main teams are relegated in level above? Game will use force relegation rule to relegate 3 b teams from this level.

Relegation zone stage will find next 4 teams and decider stage will relegate 3 more teams because 3 teams are relegated from league above to this region. We will have 3+3 relegations. We should have 5 total.

What will happen with regular leagues if this rule is applied to more teams? This can cause issues to any other leagues - not just to dynamic relegation system.

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

No problem with kits. You have only 71 failed changes in your file.

I guess SI fixed kits reading issue with latest patch. Editor 22 still writes kits in rgb way but reads codes from editor 21 without issues.

that's excellent news :)

48 minutes ago, MichielVM said:

That is indeed an issue, I'm not sure how to solve that one. I looked into you editor file, I can follow your method, but for that additional problem it might not fully work.

I think i can create solution for that. Its only math problem just like dynamic relegation.

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Take a look at this:

Scenario where 3 main teams are relegated from level above. 3 B teams are force relegated and dynamic relegation system calculates 3 more. Should be 5 but its 6.

Screenshot_424.thumb.png.74504ac43785ff1d1f0403483f3151f0.png

Screenshot_425.thumb.png.3442e45b0de98edbac9cb9660b3d08a9.png

Will there still be 16 teams in that competition?

On 10/12/2021 at 16:07, krlenjushka said:

If you have any question im here.

In the second stage, what is the total number of teams based upon and what are the numbers of teams in both the top and bottom playoffs in this stage based upon?

• 3 months later...

Hi, @krlenjushka! Hi! I am trying to implement your idea into the file with the lower Polish leagues (made by @bartekr), but I am encountering one problem. If the first team is relegated from a higher league, the second team is excluded from the relegation procedure - even if it qualifies for the corresponding phases. You can see this on the example of the team Górnik Łęczna in the file I have uploaded.

20220412013356_1.jpg

20220412013401_1.jpg

20220412013405_1.jpg

Leczna.fmf