Question from a kit-fanatic

I like to have the original kit to every team in my fm saves. It's hard to have to wait for someone to make all these kits to install - although I really respect their incredible work. That is why I usually find old kits from a season or so ago to install. This is often a problem, because the game doesn't know which kits to install, resulting in some kits missing for certain teams.

My question, is it possible to move kits between folders? Can I for example, move a 2019 kit to a 2021 kit, and will it still work ? 

Sorry, if this was a badly explained question. Hope you understand.

11 minutes ago, Sindre Alsos said:

I like to have the original kit to every team in my fm saves. It's hard to have to wait for someone to make all these kits to install - although I really respect their incredible work. That is why I usually find old kits from a season or so ago to install. This is often a problem, because the game doesn't know which kits to install, resulting in some kits missing for certain teams.

My question, is it possible to move kits between folders? Can I for example, move a 2019 kit to a 2021 kit, and will it still work ? 

Sorry, if this was a badly explained question. Hope you understand.

Yes, if you have a kitpack from a previous FM game it will work in a newer one if the team's UID is the same and the config.xml file matches up.

The exception here is if you're using 3D kit files from FM17 or earlier, they won't work with FM18 or newer because of a change in image dimensions (512*512 pixels for FM17; 1024*1024 pixels for FM18 onwards); and FM20 onwards 3D kits also have a slightly different texture layout so things line up differently on the image (and so kit elements and logos won't be positioned correctly if you're using an FM19 3D kit in FM22), but are still compatible.