Add a new (replaced) nation to international competitions

Xӕxxon_dziglo

I downloaded someones files in the editors download section last year . Then i opened that file in the editor and created my new nation in the database that was an exact copy of the one i had already created and then took out one team and replaced it with mine . You will also have to recreate the exact top division you had created in your new nation . 

Did you set their continent to Europe?

That's probably all you need to do. In my experience Europe is pretty adaptable and will adjust to include new nations. The Nations League may be an exception. But club competitions and Euro/WC qualifying I assume would automatically adjust.

9 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Did you set their continent to Europe?

That's probably all you need to do. In my experience Europe is pretty adaptable and will adjust to include new nations. The Nations League may be an exception. But club competitions and Euro/WC qualifying I assume would automatically adjust.

Yes, in Europe. And I also activated the continent. So there is no need to configure anything further, the game itself will distribute places in international competitions?

If you add a new nation to Africa it adds the team to African Nations/World Cup qualifying fine.

The issue is with club teams - it starts the new country at the bottom of the list of zero coefficient nations so you only get a Confederations Cup spot to start. Then, because it's the worst country (not factoring in any league reputation), they'll be seeded against really good teams early, and need to qualify for the group stages and get at least one draw to score a coefficient point and jump up the list to where you get a Champions League entrant as well - then the league winners move to that comp and the Cup winners go to the Confed Cup.

I have problems with this, because each country has the right to enter at least one team in each comp. The created nation misses out because it gets lumped in with countries that don't send a team in 2021/2022 for real life reasons. I'd prefer if every country started sending an entrant from season two.

Also noticed that once you do get coefficient points and the list updates to show one entrant in each competition, it takes an extra year for your Champions League team to show up.

I don't want to have to rebuild the competitions from scratch - because I like the idea of changing places with coefficients - but might be the only way to remove these bugs.

7 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

If you add a new nation to Africa it adds the team to African Nations/World Cup qualifying fine.

The issue is with club teams - it starts the new country at the bottom of the list of zero coefficient nations so you only get a Confederations Cup spot to start. Then, because it's the worst country (not factoring in any league reputation), they'll be seeded against really good teams early, and need to qualify for the group stages and get at least one draw to score a coefficient point and jump up the list to where you get a Champions League entrant as well - then the league winners move to that comp and the Cup winners go to the Confed Cup.

I have problems with this, because each country has the right to enter at least one team in each comp. The created nation misses out because it gets lumped in with countries that don't send a team in 2021/2022 for real life reasons. I'd prefer if every country started sending an entrant from season two.

Also noticed that once you do get coefficient points and the list updates to show one entrant in each competition, it takes an extra year for your Champions League team to show up.

I don't want to have to rebuild the competitions from scratch - because I like the idea of changing places with coefficients - but might be the only way to remove these bugs.

Yes, the Champions League appeared over time. But having stimulated my save, the national team did not participate in qualifying for the World Cup and the European Championship.

My country is in Europe, the continent I activated

19 minutes ago, Xӕxxon_dziglo said:

Yes, the Champions League appeared over time. But having stimulated my save, the national team did not participate in qualifying for the World Cup and the European Championship.

My country is in Europe, the continent I activated

There will be more movement in European club coefficients because you get points just for winning or drawing, So if it starts you right at the bottom you've got a chance of moving up. In Africa you don't get a cracker until you at least draw a group game, making it a lot harder and longer process to get enough points to qualify. I know this doesn't solve your issue, but I like to whinge about it in every thread.  

3 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

There will be more movement in European club coefficients because you get points just for winning or drawing, So if it starts you right at the bottom you've got a chance of moving up. In Africa you don't get a cracker until you at least draw a group game, making it a lot harder and longer process to get enough points to qualify. I know this doesn't solve your issue, but I like to whinge about it in every thread.  

You think you've got it rough? Try adding nations to Asia! They don't get picked up for club competitions at all. No way to ever get a single place in either one :(