FM21 - How to add a Clear team button near Quick Pick on Squad screen?

godzilu

• godzilu changed the title to FM21 - How to add a Clear team button near Quick Pick on Squad screen?
  • 1 year later...

Trying to implement such a solution, is this possible to achieve or someone would know and teach me, please?

I managed to enable a primitive button, but I'm having a hard time making it functional. Its clickable, but it does nothing.

image.png.5bb22be322afe4e27ea012fee5902b9b.png

Basically, its about turning this sequence in the image into a button, into a single action, if possible:

image.png.8c1c43e0c5b83d162bf69517fdf2d056.png

Due to a lack of knowledge of another option from my part, Im trying to use the same code available for on the QUICK PICK menu....

Spoiler

<!-- QUICK PICK -->
                <container>
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" offset="0" alignment="left">
                        <global id="gap" name="ui.split_button_row_gap"/>
                    </layout>
                    <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" />
                    <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>
                    <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0">
                    </layout>                    <widget class="icon_button" id="askp" auto_size="all" appearance="buttons/subtle/split/left/button" controller_button="y_button">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="344655" type="use" value="Quick Pick[COMMENT - team screen team selection, contains the former Ask To Pick menu but also acts as a standalone button which picks the team, renamed for accuracy]" />
                    </widget>

<widget class="popup_button" id="apic" fixed="true" width="23" auto_size="vertical" appearance="buttons/subtle/split/right/button"/>
                </container>

...and working with some - questionable - data I found in files extracted via R.A. that I thought could give me something as an alternative to CLEAR, regarding the squad selection.

Spoiler

<!-- CLEAR SQUAD BUTTON -->
                <container>
                    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" offset="0" alignment="left">
                    </layout>
                    <layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" apply_to_children="true" />
                    <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0"/>
                    <layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal,fill" offset="0">
                    </layout>

<widget class="button" id="clea" auto_size="all">
                <translation id="text" translation_id="229717" type="use" value="Clear" />
                <record id="click_event">
                    <flags id="event_id" value="clea" />
                </record>
            </widget>
                </container>

Thanks in advance in case anyone knows how to.

Edited by lugui

What’s the click event on the game’s natural “clear entire team selection” tab/button? Have you found the panel that controls that?

If you can find that event id then you might be able to make this work I feel.

Edited by Tyburn

4 horas atrás, Tyburn disse:

What’s the click event on the game’s natural “clear entire team selection” tab/button? Have you found the panel that controls that?

If you can find that event id then you might be able to make this work I feel.

This has been the challenge. I've searched literally every file extracted via AR, I've even downloaded AstroGrep to aid me in searches for any literal or close to "clear entire team selection" mention in any file, so far nothing.

I found some things a little questionable as below, but none of them seem to make the button clickable.

Spoiler

<widget class="icon_button" id="clea" auto_size="all">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="230013" type="use" value="Reset"/>
                <flags id="event_id" value="clea"/>
            </record>
        </widget>
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="icon_button" id="rset" auto_size="all">
                        <translation id="text" translation_id="230013" type="use" value="Reset" />
                            <flags id="event_id" value="rset" />
                        </record>
                    </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="button" id="rese" auto_size="all" click_event="rest" controller_button="x_button">
                </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="icon_button" id="clea" auto_size="all" click_event="clfl" >
            </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                             <widget class="button" id="cspb" auto_size="all" click_event="clss">
                            <translation id="text" translation_id="308085" type="use" value="Clear Selection[COMMENT: team screen pick euro/continental squad]" />
                        </widget>

Maybe we should look for some skins that add buttons and see where they start from. I think I did it last year, but when trying to contact the authors to see where they started none responded. Of course, I think it was one or two guys :))

8 hours ago, lugui said:

This has been the challenge. I've searched literally every file extracted via AR, I've even downloaded AstroGrep to aid me in searches for any literal or close to "clear entire team selection" mention in any file, so far nothing.

I found some things a little questionable as below, but none of them seem to make the button clickable.

Reveal hidden contents

<widget class="icon_button" id="clea" auto_size="all">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="230013" type="use" value="Reset"/>
                <flags id="event_id" value="clea"/>
            </record>
        </widget>
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="icon_button" id="rset" auto_size="all">
                            <flags id="event_id" value="rset" />
                        </record>
                    </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="button" id="rese" auto_size="all" click_event="rest" controller_button="x_button">
                </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<widget class="icon_button" id="clea" auto_size="all" click_event="clfl" >
            </widget>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                             <widget class="button" id="cspb" auto_size="all" click_event="clss">
                            <translation id="text" translation_id="308085" type="use" value="Clear Selection[COMMENT: team screen pick euro/continental squad]" />
                        </widget>

The only thing where I could find Clear bla bla referenced is example.ltf, like this:

KEY-374705: Clear Entire Team Selection[COMMENT: team screen; clear entire current team selection]
STR-1: 

Note, it's from 2022, I have 2023, I've even installed it, but I haven't got the time to enjoy it yet, so I haven't bothered making my usual custom skin yet.

Edited by godzilu

2 horas atrás, godzilu disse:

The only thing where I could find Clear bla bla referenced is example.ltf, like this:

KEY-374705: Clear Entire Team Selection[COMMENT: team screen; clear entire current team selection]
STR-1: 

Note, it's from 2022, I have 2023, I've even installed it, but I haven't got the time to enjoy it yet, so I haven't bothered making my usual custom skin yet.

Now we're talking something, good find on yours, mate.

I haven't really seen anything that so literally mentions the action we want to implement like this. I'll try to check this "example.ltf" file, however, initially I don't know what it does, we'll have to dig deeper.

Where did you find it? Was it part of other/older skins?

But we've already taken a small step forward...

Edited by lugui

35 minutes ago, lugui said:

Now we're talking something, good find on yours, mate.

I haven't really seen anything that so literally mentions the action we want to implement like this. I'll try to check this "example.ltf" file, however, initially I don't know what it does, we'll have to dig deeper.

Where did you find it? Was it part of other/older skins?

But we've already taken a small step forward...

that's just language files, it won't have any click event, it just tells the game what language's to use

6 minutos atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

that's just language files, it won't have any click event, it just tells the game what language's to use

Oh, what a shame. I was hoping it could point us in any direction.

Anyway, since we have your expertise here, would you be able to say if what we are trying is possible or shed any light, please?

Edited by lugui

38 minutes ago, lugui said:

Oh, what a shame. I was hoping it could point us in any direction.

Anyway, since we have your expertise here, would you be able to say if what we are trying is possible or shed any light, please?

i know just as much as you guys. don't recall seeing any click events anywhere