LB/RB-WB(At)

CBx2-BPD(De)

DM-DM(De)

CML-AP(Su)

CML-MEZ(At)

AML-IF/W(At) depending on who plays

AMR-IW/IF(At) depending on who plays

STC-AF(At)

I have a very dominant team (with old tactic) and was wondering if any of the roles should be changed as i am quite new (especially the defensive midfielder as i have always used a 4231 wide)

Edited by moltres499

4 minutes ago, moltres499 said:

My team has always been very dominant as i have won the league every season except for the first one

Fair play mate but that seems insane. Doesn't sound like you need any help :thup:

Thanks but I do tend to struggle a bit though against teams with high quality striker such as Haaland as he scores on average 2 goals against us every match even in early seasons Wilson was able to score loads against us.

3 hours ago, moltres499 said:

Thanks but I do tend to struggle a bit though against teams with high quality striker such as Haaland as he scores on average 2 goals against us every match even in early seasons Wilson was able to score loads against us.

It depend upon how those players are exploiting you.  For example, are they beating you on the break?  Are their wingbacks bombing upfield, unmarked, and throwing in crosses?  Are their wingers dribbling into your penalty box and breaking down your defense?

My guess is that against better talent, at times, you will only have three men back (CD/CD/DM), and in particular, no one covering your flanks.  Against teams with good wingers/wingbacks, you might need to restrain one of your fullbacks:  perhaps on the side where you play a standard winger, you could play FB(s) or WB(d).  You asked about the correct role for the DM.  Here is a good article:

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/defensive-midfielders-fm21-all-you-need-know#desktop

I do tend to find that halfbacks cover the wings pretty well.  I like to put a DM on halfback if he has pretty good aerial abilities too.

21 hours ago, glengarry224 said:

It depend upon how those players are exploiting you.  For example, are they beating you on the break?  Are their wingbacks bombing upfield, unmarked, and throwing in crosses?  Are their wingers dribbling into your penalty box and breaking down your defense?

My guess is that against better talent, at times, you will only have three men back (CD/CD/DM), and in particular, no one covering your flanks.  Against teams with good wingers/wingbacks, you might need to restrain one of your fullbacks:  perhaps on the side where you play a standard winger, you could play FB(s) or WB(d).  You asked about the correct role for the DM.  Here is a good article:

https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/defensive-midfielders-fm21-all-you-need-know#desktop

I do tend to find that halfbacks cover the wings pretty well.  I like to put a DM on halfback if he has pretty good aerial abilities too.

Thanks.

Do you think that a halfback would work with either of these players or will i need to invest in a new DM

Capture4.PNG

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, moltres499 said:

Thanks.

Do you think that a halfback would work with either of these players or will i need to invest in a new DM

Capture4.PNG

Capture.PNG

Sahraqui: could maybe do it but his jump/head are low and even his agg/bra are a touch low for the EPL, especially against top teams.  Looks like he'd be a vg DLP(d), who could screen the defensive line.

Camavinga:  would be an great HB but seems like that wastes his other great potential.  Looks like he'd be an amazing RPM, who could dominate games, or a SV.

13 hours ago, xavinwonderland said:

Which team mentality are you using? 

I would rather suggest to tone that down a bit against strong teams like go from balanced or positive to cautious and it should help. 

I am currently using positive but i will try to use cautious next time

20 hours ago, xavinwonderland said:

Let me know how it goes just don't use very defensive or even defensive I think they are too much and don't work out well in my experience but cautious is fine in general. 

I just played Bayern in the club world championship quarter final (without my main LB and new GK) and won 1-0 and  had more shots so it think that it was successful.

Edited by moltres499