Bought a player aged 18 at the end of the 1st season Why wont he receive HG status?

I bought a young lb before the season ended, transfer went through on the 9th of june.

he turned 19 on the 19th of june

can someone please explain why he won't receive Home grown status in 3 years time?

I assume you refer in england right? I think you need to get home grown status before age of 21. Meaning before he turn 21, he must be in the country for 3 years.

Your example:

Day of transfer: 9 Jun 20

Age of player on day of transfer: 18yrs 355days

In 3 years time: player will be 21yrs 355days

Therefore he does not qualify.

I think this is how it works? Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by lohwenjie

5 minutes ago, lohwenjie said:

I assume you refer in england right? I think you need to get home grown status before age of 21. Meaning before he turn 21, he must be in the country for 3 years.

Your example:

Day of transfer: 9 Jul 20

Age of player on day of transfer: 18yrs 355days

In 3 years time: player will be 21yrs 355days

Therefore he does not qualify.

I think this is how it works? Correct me if I am wrong.

Cant be this since any other 18 year old you buy will end the 3 years training at 21yrs Xdays old.

but yes i do refer to England but the hoemgrown rule extends to champions league and europa

1 hour ago, jere_d said:

Cant be this since any other 18 year old you buy will end the 3 years training at 21yrs Xdays old.

but yes i do refer to England but the hoemgrown rule extends to champions league and europa

Does the 18 years old you mentioned gotten the home grown status?

18 year olds you sign only gain home grown status if they turn 19 after the season reset date, which I believe in England is 25th June. 

If your signing had turned 19 from June 26th onwards he would have gained Home Grown status. 

The rule is they have to complete 3 full seasons at the club before they turn 22. The game interprets that in line with the season reset date which in England is June 25th.

Hope that helps.

Just to expand-

Taking England's June 25th season reset date as an example-

If you sign a player and he will be no older than 19 by the time of the end of the first season with you (June 25th), he will gain HG status. It will even work if you sign a 19yo old in a January window, as long as he turns 20 after June 25th. Confusing but yeah the key is they need to remain 19 by June 25th of the season you sign them, and like I say signing them for only half of the first season counts for some reason. 

Again, in your case you signed them 9th June which is the end of the season so they didn't complete any of that season with you, he then turned 19 before the June 25th reset date, so by the end of his first season with you, June 25th of the following year he would have been 20, hence why according to the way FM works he won't become HG.

3 hours ago, WizbaII said:

I buy 17 year olds for this reason specifically. lohwenjie has already done his math correctly and answered your question. Whether you accept the answer is up to you.

you're actually just a troll if you know nothing but myths and folk tales please keep them to yourself. Tah

2 hours ago, Reflection86 said:

18 year olds you sign only gain home grown status if they turn 19 after the season reset date, which I believe in England is 25th June. 

If your signing had turned 19 from June 26th onwards he would have gained Home Grown status. 

The rule is they have to complete 3 full seasons at the club before they turn 22. The game interprets that in line with the season reset date which in England is June 25th.

Hope that helps.

thanks a bunch

knew there was something off, I remember last year i bought a 19 year old who acquired HG status, I reported it as a bug but its was just ignored.