Skilled advanced rules editor? I'll pay 15 USD to whoever can fix the errors in my file. Been trying for a year to no avail.

veeeeh

Well, if you look at my message history, you can't say I didn't try... I kept dealing with some errors, as they appeared, but I have stalled now. More than anything, I don't want all the time I've invested editing to come to nothing. That is why I propose that you look at my FM19 file, analyze a large excel spreadsheet that I put together with all the necessary structure and information to create the structure that I devised, and then try to correct the errors that appear. It's a big structure with 7 divisions and a lot of regional competitions, but I don't think that is the problem (at least at this point).

If you could do it I will pay for your work with 15 usd but, since I live in a country where PayPal cannot be used, nor Skrill and credit card payments to fund accounts are blocked, your reward will be paid in the cryptocurrency and network that you choose.

Currently the errors I am dealing with are "[RANDOM TEAM] has no sqad selected for [NATIONAL CUP] match on 4/4/2016" but there are also some incomprehensible ones saying things like the number of dates does not match.

Of course, if you are interested in doing so, I would be available to explain any questions about my file or the structure.
Well thank you very much and I hope I don't disturb anyone, just let me know.

Actualizaciones de liga y datos 17.fmf

Edited by veeeeh
Explained in my July 1th reply to this post.

The key in this structure is that every team has a B team that is involved in the same structure as the main one, but limited to the last two divisions (banned to gain promotion and limited to play these regional divisions). And if the main team gets relegated to the same division where the B team currently is, this one should be forced to relegation. This unique structure I designed is denying me the chance to copy some other existing structure.

Well let me know if this sounds interesting. Another thing that my file needs to deal with is continental competition qualy, as I didn't get to the point to see how it's working so, once the error described in my post gets solved, and then the general structure gets to work fluently in the simulation, we'll probably have to check that.

Just let me know!

Can you start with an explanation of the structure, because a 7 division structure is big and before I spend any time on it, I want to see what it is.

Do you have a file that has been verified before?

Because problem with the editor is that it is like an onion, strip away/fix one problem and the next one comes up. So if you keep adding competitions or levels or cups, you end up in a situation where you can't find the error because there are so many to fix.

On 27/06/2021 at 19:08, veeeeh said:

The key in this structure is that every team has a B team that is involved in the same structure as the main one, but limited to the last two divisions (banned to gain promotion and limited to play these regional divisions). And if the main team gets relegated to the same division where the B team currently is, this one should be forced to relegation. This unique structure I designed is denying me the chance to copy some other existing structure.

Well let me know if this sounds interesting. Another thing that my file needs to deal with is continental competition qualy, as I didn't get to the point to see how it's working so, once the error described in my post gets solved, and then the general structure gets to work fluently in the simulation, we'll probably have to check that.

Just let me know!

I have a very clear excel file with structures and leagues formats, team numbers, promotion and relegation systems. But it's in spanish. I'll try to simplify it a little bit and I'll upload it. Thank you very much for your reply Wolf!

On 29/06/2021 at 05:07, Wolf_pd said:

Can you start with an explanation of the structure, because a 7 division structure is big and before I spend any time on it, I want to see what it is.

Do you have a file that has been verified before?

Because problem with the editor is that it is like an onion, strip away/fix one problem and the next one comes up. So if you keep adding competitions or levels or cups, you end up in a situation where you can't find the error because there are so many to fix.

I attach the excel file I promised (and a new editor file to the original post) because when I was reviewing it found two minor mistakes that I fixed for this version. If you check the excel file, you'll see that very structure rely on formulas and are linked to each other, for opposition control with information in different sheets within the document (for example, amounts of teams promoting/relegated/participating from a tournament).

Please take a look at it and let me know if you need some additional explanation. It's a big structure and database, but I think all the hard work is done (every team in the structure has configured its own promotion path division by division, has their own B team and youth team created, etc.) KIND REGARDS!

Estructura argentina FM2019 - versión 3.xlsx

Not in a position to help I'm afraid, but I'm not sure I could help even if I had a month free to work on this. I think you have seriously underestimated the size of that task. That structure is MASSIVE. 

First look and a thread has been found. The issue is in a conflict between the Copa Argentina and the Campeonato Argentino Andreani de Futbol Amateur in the first round op the cup.

Bit weird that the game doesn't show the dates for the cup games, but it is as it is.

OK, I have a question. Am I correct in saying you have added the lower levels while the Copa Argentina is a competition that was already from the default database?

The issue seems to be that the last round of the league competition coincides with a cup round. I can't see which cup round, because I can't see the dates in the cup rounds, but as it is the final round of the league competition, that league round won't be moved and comes into conflict with the cup round. The fact that you get various teams named in the error is just because the game will go through the cup games and spot the first one that fails, while it will be the whole bunch of cup games and not just one.

11 hours ago, L55DS said:

Not in a position to help I'm afraid, but I'm not sure I could help even if I had a month free to work on this. I think you have seriously underestimated the size of that task. That structure is MASSIVE. 

Maybe, but I don't think the issue is on the size, and many of the competitions in the structure have identical system, so that's why I asked for a skilled editor who knows exactly where to look the issues because of being used to see the kind of errors my file shows. Thanks anyway!

7 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

OK, I have a question. Am I correct in saying you have added the lower levels while the Copa Argentina is a competition that was already from the default database?

The issue seems to be that the last round of the league competition coincides with a cup round. I can't see which cup round, because I can't see the dates in the cup rounds, but as it is the final round of the league competition, that league round won't be moved and comes into conflict with the cup round. The fact that you get various teams named in the error is just because the game will go through the cup games and spot the first one that fails, while it will be the whole bunch of cup games and not just one.

Thanks Wolf! Yes, Copa Argentina is a competition from the default database and I've tweaked it a lot. I'll check the conflict you are suggesting to see if I can fix something. Do you think it would be better to do a new national cup from scratch, leaving the Copa Argentina from default db inactivated aside?

If you want to control the dates, you can add your own schedule to it. No need to redo it, just set up the dates in such a way that you are certain there should be no conflicts, mainly check the dates for the final (two maybe) dates of the season to avoid overlap and unmoveable playdates.