How FM ruined my Reunion sign-up save - the French Cup

One of the most intriguing thing about France's national Cup is the ability of their overseas territories to qualify to enter the French Cup. My sign-up save involves a league team on the African island of Reunion, and by winning some local cup qualified the team to be drawn into the 5th round of the French Cup. My team was drawn against a team in Tahiti, and everything was going great until time to pick the team for the game, when I was informed that 1) No players 16 and under allowed, 2) 7 players selected have to have played in the past two games and 3) only 4 non-EU players are allowed for squad selection...Um...my team's a semi-pro team in the middle of the Indian Ocean, and not only can I not SCOUT off the island, but even if I could, NO EU-based player is going to relocate there, and even the players who hold 2nd-nationality as French are labeled as "foreign" by the game. I can only guess that Tahiti's in the same boat, but how are you expected to compete as a small-time overseas territory team without any actual French players?

If that is wrong (and I have no idea if they are or not), then post about it in the league specific section of the board in the French thread with links to the official rules. That's where these things should be reported.

15 hours ago, XaW said:

If that is wrong (and I have no idea if they are or not), then post about it in the league specific section of the board in the French thread with links to the official rules. That's where these things should be reported.

Thanks, I had to post it in "other" because apparently there have been no previous complaints about France. At least according to the French Cup rules listed in game, considered EU includes the Caribbean, African and Pacific States (which would include Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe, French Guiana, Tahiti, etc.)

33 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

Thanks, I had to post it in "other" because apparently there have been no previous complaints about France. At least according to the French Cup rules listed in game, considered EU includes the Caribbean, African and Pacific States (which would include Reunion, Martinique, Guadaloupe, French Guiana, Tahiti, etc.)

Great! Someone should notice and have a look at it to find out if the rules needs changing.