(Discussion) Director of Football Contract Negotiations

Platinum

When signing players its possible to tell the DoF the squad role for the player and the max and min wage to offer, this should also be possible when offering contract renewals to your contract players. It should also contain the type of contract to offer (Youth Contract, Non-Contract, Part-time, Full-time).

As this option isn't in the game I have no control over what type of contract my DoF will offer and cant make sure the offer aligns will my goals for the squad and wage budget.

I dont think this is needed, a great DoF will know things about the club, so he knew what the role the club needed. So if the contract is bad, then your DoF is sucks

I prefer if we can put some rule to DoF for some  added limitation when offering contract, like never give release clause, never give wage raise %, never give sell % fee etc

Completely disagree with you. A DoF doesnt  work in silo (in isolation from the rest of the staff) , instead they work very cloesely with the coach/manager to make the best decisions for the team. I have no idea how to tell the DoF the type of role I expect a player to have in the team when in reality this will be aconversation that definitialy happens.

I have the option to tell the DOF the role i expect a player to have when I offer transfer targets but I don't have this option when asking the DoF to renew someones contract.

• Abdullah Patel changed the title to (Discussion) Director of Football Contract Negotiations
  • 4 weeks later...

@Abdullah PatelI dont think this is a discussion. I'm simply saying when a DoF is signing a player we have the option of setting a max transfer value and the players squad role, however this isn't possible when the DoF is doing contract negotiations and this should be possible.

Edited by Platinum

This actually can relate to the request about the financial advisor, and  I mention about the ability to set salary structure based on player role

If that is happen then DoF, normally will conduct his negotiation based on the salary structure (within that allowed range). But in certain condition when the transfer is urgent, there is some exception that can be made

However, it is not the job of the manager to restrict the role of DoF, because DoF structurally have bigger power than manager. But club policy like salary structure is something else. It is govern how the club runs so they are not deficit financially

Edited by saintrainhard

On 26/07/2021 at 14:33, saintrainhard said:

This actually can relate to the request about the financial advisor, and  I mention about the ability to set salary structure based on player role

If that is happen then DoF, normally will conduct his negotiation based on the salary structure (within that allowed range). But in certain condition when the transfer is urgent, there is some exception that can be made

However, it is not the job of the manager to restrict the role of DoF, because DoF structurally have bigger power than manager. But club policy like salary structure is something else. It is govern how the club runs so they are not deficit financially

It depends on the club. In some clubs the manager and DoF are on the same level and have equal power. I also think its a bit naive to think the manager at some clubs doesn't have input into the salary a player has. If its at Chelsea the coach won't have input, but thats also because they hire a first team coach and not a manager. But at Arsenal, Arteta will have input, not least because the wages you pay determine who else you will be able to afford and also because salary can affect a players performances and the manager will want to have some say in that. Sure he won't be doing the actual negotiating but he will have input into the decision.

Remember the DoF and manager are a team, they dont work in silo.

Edited by Platinum

• 6 months later...