Chief Scout

I have always assigned my chief scout to scout next opposition as I then presumed he would have a lot of free time at the club to also dissect scout reports coming in from around the World. None of my scouts are un-assigned and this I know saw was recommended as the assignment list would then be handled quicker. I assign all scouts to specific regions or countries and if they then find anything interesting I then assign them to scout that player for a month or a number of games. I recently read about having "cross checkers" without specific assignments and that sounded quite interesting.  

I have tried to search for how Chief Scouts should be assigned but have found surprisingly little info about this. Maybe the title Chief Scout is not that important when you yourself take over scouting?  Anyway ... what assignment do you assign your chief scout .. if any?

You have the option to give them more duties in staff responsibilities than you do a standard scout. Other than that I don't think there's any difference between them and standard scouts. So you can assign them as you do any other or if there significantly better use them to scout players that have been recommended by poorer scouts to ensure those reports are accurate.