[FM21] Salary cap £100,000,000

Inspired by the times, i set salary cap in leagues in order to increase competitivity.

Similar to the NBA, each team will have a maximum salary budget of £100,000,000 per year and cannot exceed it under any circumstances. No more Galácticos, Oil Money or Florentinos matters.

image.png.4a42852a8750fa80541512932bce5db2.pngimage.png.d6df74f75953ebcbe1d6e7734b611574.png

Of course, PSG or Chelsea will still have their billions to spend on transfers, but they will have to manage their stars better because they won't have room for everyone.  We will probably see great players spread evenly across clubs and leagues.

£100,000,000 it's fine? I don't know really, NBA has a similar cap, so I used it as a reference. There are clubs like Manchester City that double this number or Messi in Barcelona earn £56m.

Nations (levels)

• Belgium (1 & 2)
  • England (1 & 2)
  • France (1 & 2)
  • Germany (1 & 2)
  • Grecce (1 & 2)
  • Italy (1 & 2)
  • Mexico (1 & 2)
  • Nederland (1 & 2)
  • Portugal (1 & 2)
  • Russia (1 & 2)
  • Spain (1 & 2)
  • Turkey (1 & 2)
  • Ukraine (1 & 2)

I have problems verify some nations like China or Brazil. I will add those countries when I can.

WIP:

• Brazil
  • China
  • Qatar
  • Saudi Arabia
  • United Arab Emirates

Last three are not big leagues but there are many big salaries, so I think I should edit them anyway; MLS has its own salary cap system, I don't think it's necessary to add this one.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/668cy72kmrao287/salary_cap_FM21_-_joaquin87.zip/file

Instruction: extract .zip in 'editor data' folder (Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data) and start a new save.

salary cap FM21 - joaquin87.zip

(Also, I think you should leave China and the rich Arab leagues alone - let them be an outlet for players who can't join clubs, for example - players who leave their contract but then don't get picked up - let them still be .. luxury leagues)

I had a brief holiday, saw a point where Haaland was at United on a £600 a week contract

That's not £600,000 - that's .. £600, presumably a bug where AI and players will accept near £0 contracts to get around the problem

It might be worth imposing max wages under Transfer Rules as well, make it so that new contracts can only be offered for, say, £150,000 or so

Fast forward a few years, I have seen some players who are not registered for league matches but for cup and continental competitions (like UCL or UEL). 

I tried to edit the UCL rules but they seem to be exaggeratedly encrypted to the editor. I'll keep trying this

En 25/4/2021 a las 5:54, Rob 396 dijo:

I had a brief holiday, saw a point where Haaland was at United on a £600 a week contract

That's not £600,000 - that's .. £600, presumably a bug where AI and players will accept near £0 contracts to get around the problem

It might be worth imposing max wages under Transfer Rules as well, make it so that new contracts can only be offered for, say, £150,000 or so

Hmm, that's too bad. I saw some major changes in salaries, for example, Messi reducing his salary from 56m to 15m, but he is 34, not something that worries me. But top players like Haaland is a IA bug.

The thing about setting a max salary I don't see it because I'm interested in exploiting management, I mean, if you want to sign a player for £30,000,000 p/a is your decision.

Im interested to seeing who actually exceeds 100,000,000 a year in the game.

Like how many premier league sides exceed this say at the start of the game?

Im just curious why you came up with 100,000,000 a year.

Will defo be downloading this at some point for sure. Thanks for making it!