Fixture Difference between 2 Divisions with same settings

A_Sober_Paddy

So i'm trying to figure out why 2 divisions have different match dates, despite the settings within the editor(Basic Editor) being almost identical

Settings: Premier Division

1070485234_PremSettings.png.58be53a2b4ca26d102b9f618f95a0c35.png

Settings: First Division

2006968129_FirstSettings.png.1fe4c2cdf040610ad898b8efee6761c1.png

Fixtures: Premier Division

322036017_PremFixture.png.b516083fdde6c49f2f3536918819507c.png

Fixtures: First Division

1182188229_FirstFixtures.png.a1c19dd4e3d2c96b3f11962545068283.png

Might seem like nit picking, but the issue with those 2 midweek games being played in the First Division, means that there is a very congested beginning of the season, and during the last 12 weeks of the season, only sees 7 games being played compared to the last 12 weeks in the premier with 10 games getting played...

Any insight would be greatly appreicated

Among other possibilities, this is what I can think of:

• FM's fixture scheduler has never been brilliant. It tends to stack matches at the beginning and end of the season by default, and sometimes pulls some pretty nonsensical schedules. I know England can have some severe congestions issues, but it's not the case everywhere in the world.
  • It could be that some of these grounds are being shared between multiple teams and/or their youth squads: this can cause conflicts and rescheduling.
  • It could be a scheduling conflict with another competition, especially cups and moreso when you move matches around for TV broadcasting.
  • Even if you were to accurately and painstakingly note every fixture date and time, any of the above can happen and throw your plans into wack.

To be honest, not every league even in vanilla FM has perfect scheduling, especially since it's dependant of the good will and knowledge in Editing antics of the researcher(s). I know that a few Romanian people note that there isn't any overlap in TV games in the Romanian first division, so you can absolutely watch every match on TV in a row (and spend your day at the bar while doing so). Yet in FM, many matches are scheduled at the same time regardless. It is what it is.

It could be that some of these grounds are being shared between multiple teams and/or their youth squads: this can cause conflicts and rescheduling

Not an issue with these teams, have already removed ground shared with teams in the top 2 division, no underage system set up yet, so their underage sides not using the grounds either

It could be a scheduling conflict with another competition, especially cups and moreso when you move matches around for TV broadcasting.

Games aren't being moved for TV, these are scheduled dates for the First Division, not moved(reschedules dates)

Competition conflict isn't an issues, as i have a planner that i used to select match dates(This is the premier one, as there s more potential conflict)

Planner.png.f6624c3e73498cbcefaacb62ea80828d.png

Edited by A_Sober_Paddy

• 2 weeks later...

Spitballing here, but there's also a box you need to tick ("don't use home dates" or something) in the competition settings so that the club's default home dates (usually Wednesday and Saturday, under the club's "stadium" tab in previous versions) don't take priority instead. Also change days between games (in the stage settings maybe? It's been a while) to 1 or 2 days, the default is 3 I think? It took me ages to lock in dates I wanted in custom comps but finally got it in previous versions. You might be able to lock in certain dates for the competition with the highest priority set, and it will try to schedule games on them where possible

Edited by themodelcitizen

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Spitballing here, but there's also a box you need to tick ("don't use home dates" or something) in the competition settings so that the club's default home dates (usually Wednesday and Saturday, under the club's "stadium" tab in previous versions) don't take priority instead. Also change days between games (in the stage settings maybe? It's been a while) to 1 or 2 days, the default is 3 I think? It took me ages to lock in dates I wanted in custom comps but finally got it in previous versions. You might be able to lock in certain dates for the competition with the highest priority set, and it will try to schedule games on them where possible

Cheers will have a gander, it is only the first division I have the issue with, all the 6 divisions below are fine, it's only the first division that seems to have this front loaded schedule

check the stadium tab (in-game) and see if its overlapping with any other comps? I know you said you addressed that but it would cause that issue. i.e. maybe games that are supposed to be later are being overridden by international games or something (even if there's no such games, it might be holding the date in case there are), and that's causing them to be pushed closer to the beginning of the season