Good day,

I'm about to start with PSV and an option that I always ignored until now is called 'Tour' when selecting a friendly game. 

I understand that I can send my team anywhere around the world, but the game doesn't really explain what the consequences of this option are (FM20). Hence, I choose China and only two dates could be selected. Furthermore, the trainings will be held in Breda (Netherlands), thus how will this tour work? I imagine I'll get some money out of it at some point due to merchandising, but how exactly does it function? 

I tried to Google, but I came across some vague answers, but nothing really decisive. After all, is it worth the effort, since some dude on the internet did some testing with Chelsea and got an extra 500k out of it. Obviously, this is nice money, but in my case with 2 games during 2 weeks it doesn't sound plausible to me.   

i found iit is ok if you can pair it with a feeder club with marketing and a key player from that country. get a nice message saying it will increase sales, though never examined how much

i wouldnt count 2 games in 2 weeks as a tour

if you are still training in netherlands, i wouldnt count that as a tour either

I've used tour in the past in an attempt to increase foreign merchandising (especially if I have a player from that country). I generally select a country/region, schedule 3-4 friendlies with a couple days between each. I also like scheduling a 4-team "Futures Cup" for my reserves/left-behinds during an international break. Keeps them fit, brings in some cash...