How can I improve this tactic defensively

Changes I would do here :

-  BBM to CM(attack) or Mezzala (attack).

- Change DLF to DLF(attack) OR change right IF to IF (attack).

- Change left wingback to Fullback(support) or Inverted wingback (support).

- Lower LOE one notch.

- Remove prevent short GK distribution.

- Change SK to SK(defend).

- Change DM(s) to DM(defend)

My thought process is, with that much Support duties and a Balanced mentality, your team certainly will lack penetration. So the way I see it they will pass the ball around until eventually they turn possession over and they will be caught in the counter because both Wingbacks and maybe possibly the DM will be out of position. By tweaking roles and duties you will gain penetration which not only will make you more effective in attack but also in defense since if your players don't turn possession the attack will most likely result in more time for your team to reposition (goal kick for them, corner kick for you etc).

14 hours ago, trueblue9877 said:

11jElFf.png

First off, I am curious to hear what was the logic behind having all outfield players on support duties (and under the fairly moderate team mentality at that), while the keeper is the only one on attack duty? :confused: 

Btw, an instruction like early crosses makes no sense at all in that kind of setup. 

When it comes to defensive improvement, perhaps try to be a bit less aggressive with your out-of-possession TIs. Although without addressing the issues elsewhere, that alone probably won't suffice. Simply because the attacking and defensive phases of play do have a significant impact on each other.