How to make this tactic consistent?

https://i.gyazo.com/1836dce03a6d94195e4d833e21ae999d.png

The tactic works decent, but it somewhat of inconsistent.

Sometimes we create and score chances and the next game we are struggling.

Sometimes we conside 1-2 quick goals and the next 2-3 games we are gettin 0 goals against.

Do I miss the obvious solition?

You use a low line of engagement, which suggests you want to play defensive football. But then I look at your setup of roles and duties as well as your in-possession instructions, which both suggest the opposite. So there is an obvious contradiction in your tactic.

Now, the formation you use (narrow 4312) is definitely much more suited to an attack-minded than defensive style of play, so your tactic IMO needs to be changed/tweaked in that direction. 

To cut a long story short, here are tweaks I would definitely make first:

- up the LOE to standard

- remove the regroup instruction

- remove all in-possession TIs except short passing and PoD (and then you can use them situationally as in-match tweaks as you see fit)

- ditto for the counter in transition (use it on a situational basis, not all the time)

And the most important part of any tactic - the setup of roles and duties:

- switch the mezzala's duty to support 

and

- the LB's role to WB on support (instead of FB on support)

These 2 tweaks will both help improve the attacking movement and interplay on the left + make the left flank more solid/less vulnerable defense-wise. 

1 hour ago, Cheez3y said:

What would you change?

Given that your team instructions clearly suggest a possession-oriented style of football, I would tweak the setup of roles and duties to make it better suited to a possession style. Here I am particularly referring to your right flank, where both players are assigned to crossing-heavy roles. The lone striker's role is also not ideally suited to a possession style.

There are also potential defensive issues/risks in relation to the use of roles like carrilero and/or WB on attack duty within a top-heavy system with no DM. 

8 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Given that your team instructions clearly suggest a possession-oriented style of football, I would tweak the setup of roles and duties to make it better suited to a possession style. Here I am particularly referring to your right flank, where both players are assigned to crossing-heavy roles. The lone striker's role is also not ideally suited to a possession style.

There are also potential defensive issues/risks in relation to the use of roles like carrilero and/or WB on attack duty within a top-heavy system with no DM. 

So I either change it for possession-style to a 433 with wingers + DM or I need to e.g. counter, wingplay

4 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

So I either change it for possession-style to a 433 with wingers + DM

I was not talking about the formation, but the setup of roles and duties. You can play possession football in both 4231 and 433 DM Wide. 

4 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

or I need to e.g. counter, wingplay

Even if you switch to a different style (like wing play or counter), you still need to make changes to your current setup of roles and duties. But in that case, a change of the formation would also be advisable (442 suits both styles optimally). 

However, the style of play should suit your players, so you need to take that into account as well.