[FM21] Changing Qualifying Places for South America

Xavier Lukhas

Hello,

As you may or may not know and unlike Europe, the CONMEBOL uses a fixed places system for South American continental club competitions. It basically means that no matter how well Paraguay does in the Copa Libertadores or Sudamericana, they will never have more places for their clubs in those competitions. I kind of want to change that without necessarily revamping the whole system, but by spreading out qualification places to all 10 countries as well as possible; which I'm not sure whether even possible without redoing the whole system from scratch, something I'm not keen to do. While I was able to extract the rules for those competitions using this tutorial, I don't have data on how the system works within FM otherwise, nor have I extracted the basic South American rules within it. Not that I would know where to begin if I managed to do so. I'll still link the files below.

Any ideas? Even if it's to say that it's not possible.

Let's try asking @Carlito85 (sorry).

South America.fmf South America.xml

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

I think the only way to achieve what you're wanting to do would be to revamp the competitions from scratch unfortunately. What I did with mine was changed the default competitions to extinct and added my own version of the UEFA ones which featured both CONCACAF and CONMEBOL teams.

I'm under the assumption right now that coefficients aren't compatible with custom competitions, which is why I have the same problem as you when it comes to nations gaining more qualification places over time. The only way to give a specific nation more places would be to bump them up the national rankings list when you're remaking your competition from scratch.

Il y a 14 heures, Carlito85 a dit :

I think the only way to achieve what you're wanting to do would be to revamp the competitions from scratch unfortunately. What I did with mine was changed the default competitions to extinct and added my own version of the UEFA ones which featured both CONCACAF and CONMEBOL teams.

I'm under the assumption right now that coefficients aren't compatible with custom competitions, which is why I have the same problem as you when it comes to nations gaining more qualification places over time. The only way to give a specific nation more places would be to bump them up the national rankings list when you're remaking your competition from scratch.

Figures. I don't even care about coefficients because CONMEBOL doesn't even have coefficients in FM: it's all fixed places no matter what. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

11 hours ago, Xavier Lukhas said:

Figures. I don't even care about coefficients because CONMEBOL doesn't even have coefficients in FM: it's all fixed places no matter what. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

It's something I've brought up both in the bugs forum and the features request forum in the past, but as of now all we can do is hope for the best (as far as I know - something may be in the editor that we've all overlooked but I think that's a stretch lol).

Il y a 5 heures, Carlito85 a dit :

It's something I've brought up both in the bugs forum and the features request forum in the past, but as of now all we can do is hope for the best (as far as I know - something may be in the editor that we've all overlooked but I think that's a stretch lol).

To be honest, I hardly ever saw someone from SI staff in the Editors' Hideaway, nevermind a member of the staff explaining how the Editor works. And I say "hardly" not to say "never", in case I forgot about an instance where I saw them there. If that happened, I really can't remember.

Edited by Xavier Lukhas