Development bar is not levelling up

The development bar has been stuck at full for 7+ games on Akhomach now. After every new game I get the info to say my player has improved x% but the development bar is not restarting and my player isn't "levelling up". I want to development my young player :(. Any ideas to rectify this? Thank you.

Screenshot_20210310-014204_FM21 Mobile.jpg

What do you see on his training page? Most likely there will be a message saying "Needs to mature..." If that's the case he won't get his next upgrade until his next birthday and there's nothing you can do about that. 

I guess SI Games put it in there to make development more realistic - many players take years to develop and it's not realistic if they are fully developed by the time they are 18 or 19. That said, it's a little jarring how you have to wait for their birthday. With really young players, you sometimes get that and the bar sits at 100% until their birthday, then they get one update almost straight away after their birthday, then the message comes back and you have to wait until the next birthday...