Leagues Not Appearing (in game) When Parent Division Used (in editor)

AgentEves

Hey, I'm getting quite frustrated with this, so would appreciate any tips or help so I can figure this out!!

I'm trying to create a lower-league system in Canada, including the Semi-Pro divisions, the Amateur Divisions and U Sports.

I have used a pre-made download for the Canadian Lower Leagues that I found online. I'm trying to edit it to make U Sports playable (the teams/leagues exist in the created database).

I have looked at the set-up in England in the database, since I know further down the pyramid there are regional divisions which are all classified under parent divisions (such as the 'County Leagues' parent division containing all the individual county leagues), and I'm trying to use the same logic for what I'm creating in Canada.

I have therefore created 2 parent divisions, which all the individual divisions (some of which have sub divisions) can be included into:
1. Semi-Pro Divisions (Level 2)
2. U Sports (Level 3)

I then have the following divisions (parent division shown in brackets):
1. League1 Ontario (Semi-Pro Divisions)
2. PLSQ (Semi-Pro Divisions)
3. Canada West (U Sports)
4. Ontario University Athletics (U Sports)
5. Atlantic University Sports (U Sports)
6. RSEQ (U Sports)
7. Canada West Pacific (Canada West)
8. Canada West Prairie (Canada West)
9. OUA West (Ontario University Athletics)
10. OUA East (Ontario University Athletics)

Under Advanced Rules > Nation > Division Levels, I have selected:
0. Canadian Premier League
1. Semi-Pro Divisions
2. U Sports
I have also selected the number of 'child' competitions (2 for Semi-Pro & 4 for U Sports).

Under Advanced Rules > Canada > Required Teams, I selected every division (individuals, not parents) and selected the required number of teams for each.

Under Advanced Rules > Canada > Competitions, I have selected the following:
1. Canadian Premier League
2. Semi-Pro Divisions
3. U Sports

I then went to "Test Competitions", clicked 'Create New Test' and then clicked 'Rules' (at the top) and Test Rules > ALL.

It all ran ok, didn't get any errors, and it shows (3/3 Division Levels Verified).

But when I open the game, the Divisions don't appear when I go to select the team to manage... I'm not sure what I'm missing?

I tried removing the 'parent' competitions, and instead adding every child competition (under Advanced Rules > Canada > Competitions) and only League1 Ontario & PLSQ appeared when I started a new game (both of these are under Semi-Pro Divisions).

Is there something I'm supposed to select that I'm missing, that makes a league playable?

EDIT: I made the U Sports Divisions 'U23 Division'. Not sure if that matters?
EDIT 2: I switched all the U Sports Divisions to 'Domestic Division' and that didn't fix it.

EDIT 3: I found that by clicking 'Revert to Basic Rules' I could add the USports under Divisions. However, I'm now getting errors popping up that various divisions are set at the wrong level. I think this is because in the original editor data, League1 Ontario was level 2, and PLSQ was level 3, but I changed PLSQ so it was also level 2, with U Sports sitting at level 3. The error says that PLSQ needs to be level 3, and U Sports needs to be level 4. I am also getting an error that Competition 100000024 cannot be found. I have no idea what this competition is.

There seems to be conflict between what was set in the Advanced Rules, and what's being added in the Basic Rules, and I now seem to be stuck in some annoying middle ground where I can't convert back to Advanced Rules, because I can't change the setting that needs changing, because it's in Advanced Rules.

Edited by AgentEves

Hmm, not sure. I'll take a look.

Related question, is it possible to make a league "playable" without reverting to basic settings? That seems to be what's causing the biggest issue, since switching from advanced to basic is fine, but then switching back to advanced doesn't work (and produces the missing competition error).

22 hours ago, AgentEves said:

Hmm, not sure. I'll take a look.

Related question, is it possible to make a league "playable" without reverting to basic settings? That seems to be what's causing the biggest issue, since switching from advanced to basic is fine, but then switching back to advanced doesn't work (and produces the missing competition error).

Advance rules are a completely different beast but yes you can make any league playable . Its so involved hat the only way to learn is to download someones finished file in the download sections and copy and look and what they have done . Its a lot easier if you have previous versions of FM so then you can have 2 editors open at the same time 

47 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Advance rules are a completely different beast but yes you can make any league playable . Its so involved hat the only way to learn is to download someones finished file in the download sections and copy and look and what they have done . Its a lot easier if you have previous versions of FM so then you can have 2 editors open at the same time 

Ok, so that's what I'm working with (a file created by someone else) but I can't work out where the setting is to make a league playable, without switching to Basic Rules. And I can't find anything online either, since all the solutions call for adding the league under the Basic Rules.

Can you offer any guidance of which settings I might need to change?

On 03/03/2021 at 22:47, AgentEves said:

But when I open the game, the Divisions don't appear when I go to select the team to manage... I'm not sure what I'm missing?

Did you add the parent competitions on the Competitions tab?

10 hours ago, AgentEves said:

Ok, so that's what I'm working with (a file created by someone else) but I can't work out where the setting is to make a league playable, without switching to Basic Rules. And I can't find anything online either, since all the solutions call for adding the league under the Basic Rules.

Can you offer any guidance of which settings I might need to change?

The best solution is to upload the file so people can take a look at it for you . Upload in Advance mode though 

12 hours ago, Fredrik said:

Did you add the parent competitions on the Competitions tab?

I did. And when I did that, the leagues that were previously playable no longer showed up (after being added to a parent division).

Also, when selecting nations, the two parent divisions: USports and Semi-Pro Divisions, both appeared as "USports and above" etc. But when you go to select a team to manage, the divisions weren't available to select.

Here's the editor data files I've been using.

Canadian Megapatch 2021 & Canadian Megapatch 2021 - Continental VC File are the two original files that I downloaded (created by yellowsweatygorilla, downloaded from FM Scout) and the Canada 001 file is the file that I have been editing (Note: the first thing I did was merged the two original editor data files, and then started editing from there).

I may have made a load of errors in the Canada 001 file, as I was trying to work it out myself, but it also has the changes I made to the league structures (i.e. it includes the parent competitions and a slight restructure of the USports divisions that were included in the original file.

Canadian Megapatch 2021 - Continental VC File.fmf Canadian Megapatch 2021.fmf Canada 001.fmf

So from what im seeing and using OUA university as an example you have to add the parent comp then add both child comps to the competition as seen below 

I will send you my leagues im working on so maybe you can have a look at what ive done as its the same concept 

338720542_editorcanada2.thumb.png.2e47f115ca5ad7a5d1e71688ddf05860.png

76930369_editorcanada1.thumb.png.1a87a41de3c34e3662520b57edbf0190.png

Edited by alian62

WA 40 Teams.fmf

So mine is similar except i have leagues that run off the main leagues so the results are transferred the the lower leagues but the concept of setting the leagues up are the same . My WA Premier League is the Parent League and the North and South Premier leagues are the child comps but this is how it should be set up .

On 06/03/2021 at 03:04, AgentEves said:

Here's the editor data files I've been using.

Canadian Megapatch 2021 & Canadian Megapatch 2021 - Continental VC File are the two original files that I downloaded (created by yellowsweatygorilla, downloaded from FM Scout) and the Canada 001 file is the file that I have been editing (Note: the first thing I did was merged the two original editor data files, and then started editing from there).

I may have made a load of errors in the Canada 001 file, as I was trying to work it out myself, but it also has the changes I made to the league structures (i.e. it includes the parent competitions and a slight restructure of the USports divisions that were included in the original file.

Canadian Megapatch 2021 - Continental VC File.fmf 273.6 kB · 1 download Canadian Megapatch 2021.fmf 435.25 kB · 0 downloads Canada 001.fmf 151.63 kB · 1 download

So?