List of unique id's for stadiums

kcinlober

Is there  a way to get the stadium id's in a list form, perhaps with the club name and id as well? this is for the purpose of adding/changing stadium background graphics. One can't export data lists from the editor, and this also wouldn't work if there are multiple editor files loaded in game since that changes the unique id's for non-original clubs and stadiums. the best I can do is export a list of clubs and the names of their stadiums from in-game (from the nation-->clubs page and changing the table to "ground info"). I have tried using tools like fmrte and fm genie editor, but you can only get lists of clubs and id's, not stadiums and id's. I was thinking there might be a way of making a skin that displays the stadium id in a table but I don't know how. It is a pain to go through clicking clubs and stadiums one by one to get the ids. :(

1 hour ago, kcinlober said:

Is there  a way to get the stadium id's in a list form, perhaps with the club name and id as well? this is for the purpose of adding/changing stadium background graphics. One can't export data lists from the editor, and this also wouldn't work if there are multiple editor files loaded in game since that changes the unique id's for non-original clubs and stadiums. the best I can do is export a list of clubs and the names of their stadiums from in-game (from the nation-->clubs page and changing the table to "ground info"). I have tried using tools like fmrte and fm genie editor, but you can only get lists of clubs and id's, not stadiums and id's. I was thinking there might be a way of making a skin that displays the stadium id in a table but I don't know how. It is a pain to go through clicking clubs and stadiums one by one to get the ids. :(

How many stadiums/clubs you have?

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Load the stadiums in the editor, and filter out the ones you need and there’ll be the IDs there

thats what i planned on doing, but since i am using 3 diff editor data files (for different lower league structures) the unique id's get changed once in game, so sometimes the backgrounds are mixed up

1 hour ago, krlenjushka said:

How many stadiums/clubs you have?

in total? or the ones for whom i want to add background/stadium pics? for the latter probably about 50. of those maybe 30 have been created in the pregame editor for various lower league systems, so may have different unique ids in game vs in the pregame editor

Normally I just play the game with the show unique ID's box checked and add new stadium pics as I go. With how slow the editor loads things up too I would suggest trying this method as you can find the ID's a bit quicker, add the pics, edit the config file and reload the skin. Quicker process overall I'd say.

57 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

Normally I just play the game with the show unique ID's box checked and add new stadium pics as I go. With how slow the editor loads things up too I would suggest trying this method as you can find the ID's a bit quicker, add the pics, edit the config file and reload the skin. Quicker process overall I'd say.

I can extract stadium list from editor but its not worth doing this for 30 stadiums. Its quick using your way so no need for this.

8 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

ya, thats more or less what i have been doing, but i try to get the whole division out of the way at once. 

7 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I can extract stadium list from editor but its not worth doing this for 30 stadiums. Its quick using your way so no need for this.

from the pregame editor? the problem with that is that when multiple editor files are loaded in game, the unique ids are sometimes different from the pregame editor (for editor data files that add new clubs/stadiums for example).

In any case, i managed to find a workaround by cross-referencing spreadsheets pulled from ingame and fmrte. in game i can export a list of stadium names and club names, in fmrte i can export a list of stadium names and unique ids as well as a list of club ids and names, so its possible to match up the club names/ids with the stadium names/ids through excel lookup formulas.

36 minutes ago, kcinlober said:

the problem with that is that when multiple editor files are loaded in game, the unique ids are sometimes different from the pregame editor (for editor data files that add new clubs/stadiums for example).

Using multiple editor files is never good idea. Much bigger chance to have crash eventually.

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Using multiple editor files is never good idea. Much bigger chance to have crash eventually.

ok good to know. is this dependent on the type of editor file (modifying rules--like adding lower leagues) or in general? 

14 minutes ago, kcinlober said:

ok good to know. is this dependent on the type of editor file (modifying rules--like adding lower leagues) or in general? 

Not sure. I think its related to clash of database changes but who knows. I didnt get any crash for years but i always use 1 file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 10:08, krlenjushka said:

Was just thinking that this would be useful to know how to do. Do you have a script you use to extract from the xml or some other method?