Recreating the football world from scratch, what is required to stay so the game won't crash?

Minuy600

As the title says. I'm removing almost everything from the FM17 database that's in there except for some things like injuries and agreements, but i'm sure that if I rebuild from there, the game would crash on startup. Does anyone know what I have to keep/create in order to avoid that from happening?

Wow, you are giving yourself quite a challenge.

Before I start giving any answer to your question, what is your plan? What do you want to build?

To give some idea, I have redone most of the world in a 1988 mod which became bigger than anticipated and it needs a lot of thought and work.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Wow, you are giving yourself quite a challenge.

Before I start giving any answer to your question, what is your plan? What do you want to build?

To give some idea, I have redone most of the world in a 1988 mod which became bigger than anticipated and it needs a lot of thought and work.

I want to basically reset the world database from ground zero, removing all players, staff, clubs, stadiums and leagues and making all national teams equally as good as one another. From there i'll either make fictional teams based on the citiies that are in the database, or make an 1888/89 database, play in it and try to win the Dutch and English leagues, then uptick the season by one, though slowly trailing off the beaten path and change up the reputation based on what's happening in the save, maybe promoting/relegating teams differently than in real life too.

Basically speaking, I wanna recreate football history.

Edited by Minuy600

Good news - Apparently I only had to make divisions of one country for it to properly work. All signs are green to continue working on this project I do think.

EDIT: Well no, it did crash while it was loading the game. Everything else seemed to work though so what is going wrong there? 

Edited by Minuy600

49 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

What did you do the international competitions?

Removed them all. I was also thinking the problem'd lie there. What do I keep in that regard?

Edited by Minuy600

Did you do it in batches or in one sweep?

How big is your file atm?

There are a few things in the international games (at least, the competition doesn't have a continent) like lower league, friendly and such that the game needs to make the basic setup for each competition.

8 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Did you do it in batches or in one sweep?

How big is your file atm?

There are a few things in the international games (at least, the competition doesn't have a continent) like lower league, friendly and such that the game needs to make the basic setup for each competition.

In one sweep, 1,63 megabytes, and wait, friendlies are removable?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I see that now, along with a few other competitions I feel like are essential. Uhm, which ones do I keep?

Edited by Minuy600

Yes, they can be deleted, but it will create issues in your game, so don''t do it.

If you upload the file, I'll take a look. I have done a delete session for creating the Iron Curtain files, by first deleting almost all competition and then undeleting the ones I needed or could use. It took a while because some competitions seem to hook into each other and create issues when one of them is missing. Either competitions won't take place or the game crashes all together.

Which game btw?

6 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Yes, they can be deleted, but it will create issues in your game, so don''t do it.

If you upload the file, I'll take a look. I have done a delete session for creating the Iron Curtain files, by first deleting almost all competition and then undeleting the ones I needed or could use. It took a while because some competitions seem to hook into each other and create issues when one of them is missing. Either competitions won't take place or the game crashes all together.

Which game btw?

FM17. And here it is:

Emptier Database_F27FC58D-552A-4C0E-8863-65D3FCDDB50A.fmf

I'm likely gonna redo it soon, keeping what I need to keep according to you. I'm already quite close to making it functional in my eyes as my Gibraltar file using this base did function properly in the editor itself.

Edited by Minuy600