Finances are insecure despite not being in debt for over 4 years

I'm currently playing as Wuhan Three Towns in China League One having played 7 seasons including 3 in the Super League.  At the beginning we were in a bad financial state losing money but I managed to turn that around with the sale of players.

The first time we stopped being in debt was September 2024 and since then the lowest our balance has been is £1.49M because of ongoing player sales but throughout that entire time we have been labelled as being "insecure" financially.  This has meant that I've not been able to take even one coaching course because apparently the club can't afford it, never mind making any upgrades to facilities or anything.  I also have at least one player every season come to talk to me about the concerning finances and it's annoying because there is no option to just tell them there's nothing wrong.  The board also occasionally will put in a few thousand pounds to help with running costs even though it makes hardly any difference to the balance.

The only thing I can think of that is causing this is because we have two loans, one that was taken out when we were badly in debt in my second season and then another to cover building a new stadium in order to meet the Chinese Super League rules, however, the amount outstanding on these loans is actually less than what we have in the bank.

700620148_Screenshot(204).thumb.png.37c15fdb4c0f40889a998d2f470a5294.png

940615910_Screenshot(198).thumb.png.5d570facd3a947b096de2cb7cf6254d0.png

143537_Screenshot(205).thumb.png.bd848afbdb445458863e3fb63486e6dd.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

Hi @Flashman\'s School Days

Thanks for your post and the detailed description. 

It looks like you've done a good job with the club finances, I'd imagine the "Insecure" label is due to the recent history of bad finances and the outstanding debt. Once the stadium has been built, which will hopefully lead to a better stream of income, hopefully the financial status will again improve and the owners won't feel as insecure or cautious. If you don't notice any change going forward then please upload a save and we can take a look to see if there's anything under the hood that explain this, bug or otherwise.