Not Stars but Attibutes, but how do you choose between players?

So, you have a system and need to fill a specific role. You have a couple of players that can fill that role. How do you choose?

You have:

1. You have you team DNA, the attributes that you feel are most important.
  2. You have the Primary attributes that your chosen role uses.
  3. You have the Secondary attributes that your chosen role uses.
  4. Player Traits.
  5. Others such as Morale, fitness, social dynamics, etc.

I want to assume that 4 and 5 are equal for two players. This leaves you with just a certain set of Attributes that you can use to determine who is better at a role.

Do you:

a) Primary attributes + Secondary attributes + DNA = Total/Total number of attributes

b) (Primary attributes) x2 + Secondary attributes + DNA = Total/Total number of attributes

c) DNA x2 + Primary attributes + Secondary attributes = Total/Total number of attributes

d) or do you have something else.

Example: I want a CM (s).

For CM (s):

• Primary Attributes: First Touch, Passing, Tackling, Decisions, Teamwork
  • Secondary Attributes: Technique, Anticipation, Composure, Concentration, Off the Ball, Vision, Work Rate,Stamina
  • DNA: Determination, Work Rate, Passing, Stamina, Natural Fitness (Your DNA may vary).

Assuming everything else is equal how do you use the above to choose which player is best suited for your role?

Personally, I have specific attributes I want for each duty for example if I was to choose between 2 players to play as a CM(s) the first thing I look at is positioning and off the ball, depending on the other players and roles around him I might favour one over the other; then I look at anticipation, concentration, composure, decision and acceleration especially if I'm playing a 4231; at this point if both players are still very similar I look at work rate, bravery, first touch, passing, vision, tackling and finally determination. Depending on the players around and who I'm playing I might pick the less technical player but he makes up for it because of his high work rate, bravery and tackling.