Red Star F.C New Stadium error... again!

Charlie1

Having been promoted to Ligue 1 with Red Star and moving into a new stadium they are still playing home league games in their alternate stadium.

This is extremely frustrating as I reported this issue for last years game as the exact same thing happened and it basically kills your save as it really limits how much more you can progress. 

Is there any way this can be fixed?!

• SI Staff

hey @Charlie1

Sorry for the delay, I have looked at your save - yeah, I see the issue, the Club Vision says your stadium is complete but I'm playing through and your home games do not happen there. Clearly an issue

OK, I'm logging this for our developers.

I strongly suspect something went wrong in FM when the new stadium was built (so, June). Something in the database should, at that point, update where your home games take place.

So, I may as well ask now, I might need to come back for an earlier save -  sorry if this is a hassle, and don't worry if it can't be done, but can you please see if you have any saves before the stadium was complete (June 2024)? Just upload and ping me in this thread again if so & I'll add them to this existing log.

But this is under review now, thanks for flagging this up. If you've had it in previous years, yeah, we want to get to the bottom of it!

20 minutes ago, Tony Garvey said:

hey @Charlie1

Sorry for the delay, I have looked at your save - yeah, I see the issue, the Club Vision says your stadium is complete but I'm playing through and your home games do not happen there. Clearly an issue

OK, I'm logging this for our developers.

I strongly suspect something went wrong in FM when the new stadium was built (so, June). Something in the database should, at that point, update where your home games take place.

So, I may as well ask now, I might need to come back for an earlier save -  sorry if this is a hassle, and don't worry if it can't be done, but can you please see if you have any saves before the stadium was complete (June 2024)? Just upload and ping me in this thread again if so & I'll add them to this existing log.

But this is under review now, thanks for flagging this up. If you've had it in previous years, yeah, we want to get to the bottom of it!

Yeah I definitely got the stadium complete message. It's only my home league games that aren't there, cup games and friendlies are I think. I remember logging this issue last year and I think the person who replied said it was a problem with the league code or something? 

I don't have any saves pre-new stadium unfortunately! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
On 02/02/2021 at 00:03, conorpm92 said:

Any way this issue can be fixed? Having a similar problem in my save where we are supposed to move stadium but don't! Really kills the immersion and progress for me as well!

Is this for Red Star or another club?

We're having to go pretty far back, I'm pretty sure it goes wrong when the new stadium is complete, any saves you (or anyone) has before this are good for us :)

It's still under investigation and the developers haven't said they need more yet, but .... yeah, this happening last year, and this year? One we need to sort.

It's for Red Star as well! In my case the issue is slightly different though.

My stadium was changed to Stade Pierre Brison (Beauvais) when I got promoted into Ligue 2. I played my home league games there from then on. But in my club info tab it says I should be playing in Stade Jean-Bouin (next to Parc De Princes IRL). This is the case for European games and friendly games and this has been the situation since I got promoted to Ligue 1 and subsequently qualified for Europe. But league games are still in Pierre Brison which itself is in poor condition. 

I thought that maybe building a new stadium would finally fix it (still battling with my chairman to build it). But after coming across this post, its kinda killed my interest if I can't progress beyond where I am playing in right now :(

Uploaded my save also. Hope it can be fixed if possible. Quite a niche problem for sure! 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Any chance of updating us on whether this will be fixed for FM22? Plan to have a Red Star save once again, as I'm sure many will! Would really love to be able to commit to a longer term one where you can create a new stadium and build the team to an elite level European giant!