[FM21] AC Le Havre - youth focus

cmason84

I've revealed my FM21 save on my blog. I'll be aiming to promote youngsters through the set-up - with any luck I'll have some that I can actually use and perhaps sell on when finances start to recover. If you enjoyed my AC Milan save, I will be doing data analytics/metric analysis, but largely only when they're fixed as they're bugged at the moment.

http://afmoldtimer.home.blog/2020/12/24/football-manager-2021-ac-le-havre/

Edited by cmason84
New edited title

Will be following this!

Stole a few ideas of your data vis for my saves last year, too. Even more interested if you're trying to promote youth as there is a really fine line between listening to what the statistics say and wanting to trust your own development.

On 24/12/2020 at 20:25, _Ben_ said:

Will be following this!

Stole a few ideas of your data vis for my saves last year, too. Even more interested if you're trying to promote youth as there is a really fine line between listening to what the statistics say and wanting to trust your own development.

Cheers @_Ben_ - what did you 'borrow'?

I think you'll like the teaser for the youth intake on the latest blog post.

12 minutes ago, cmason84 said:

Cheers @_Ben_ - what did you 'borrow'?

I think you'll like the teaser for the youth intake on the latest blog post.

I mainly pinched the age vs minutes chart as that was a really simple, yet effective, demonstration of where I wanted to go with my squad building.

However, reading through your latest blog post has got me very excited about doing some more xG, xGA and xPts. I had a quick play a couple of seasons back and came up with these kind of things:

4ce153ea04c7b7087c6ff8670fc970d0.png

94467db2b9e75a02e9bac75ca7643a87.png

However, those line graphs you've made, and the reference back to what you can see in the game is a wonderful demonstration of tying together different aspects of analysis. Kudos to that post!

---

Interestingly, do you have any FM save posting pre-Milan? I've read that and I'm keeping up with Le Havre but want to see if you had any more...

43 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I mainly pinched the age vs minutes chart as that was a really simple, yet effective, demonstration of where I wanted to go with my squad building.

However, reading through your latest blog post has got me very excited about doing some more xG, xGA and xPts. I had a quick play a couple of seasons back and came up with these kind of things:

4ce153ea04c7b7087c6ff8670fc970d0.png

94467db2b9e75a02e9bac75ca7643a87.png

However, those line graphs you've made, and the reference back to what you can see in the game is a wonderful demonstration of tying together different aspects of analysis. Kudos to that post!

---

Interestingly, do you have any FM save posting pre-Milan? I've read that and I'm keeping up with Le Havre but want to see if you had any more...

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I've a save with Reggina which is also on my blog site and I wrote first on Marc Bowen's Limited Fullback's site here.

Your graph... the line chart doesn't make any sense with it being a discontinuous variable. Perhaps better to show that with a scatter graph with large markers?

4 hours ago, cmason84 said:

Your graph... the line chart doesn't make any sense with it being a discontinuous variable. Perhaps better to show that with a scatter graph with large markers?

I know. I was going through a time whereby we'd play better against the better teams in the league and was looking for a way of showing it so used  a line for predicted finish but I could have done it so differently, thinking back.

I'll have a read up on your other saves - thanks for the link!

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I know. I was going through a time whereby we'd play better against the better teams in the league and was looking for a way of showing it so used  a line for predicted finish but I could have done it so differently, thinking back.

I'll have a read up on your other saves - thanks for the link!

Hope you enjoy them when you get around to reading them. The ones for Limited Fullback aren't data analysis posts, more story telling, so if that's not your thing, don't bother with those.

• cmason84 changed the title to [FM21] AC Le Havre - youth focus
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://afmoldtimer.home.blog/2021/08/22/ac-le-havre-2025-26-season-review/

I've been busy - this is a longer post that my usual so you might want to ensure you have a nice drink to go alongside this read. There's graphics aplenty in this update, so please drop the like button on the post if you enjoyed reading it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...