How to remove affiliates?

• SI Staff

At present affiliates 'age out' sporadically but its not within the control of users - I will however look at adding an option to allow this as part of the update cycle at some point because a few people have mentioned they want this.

(it probably won't be until January however, sorry but my family have expressed a desire for my company over Christmas - selfish of them I know ;) )

15 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At present affiliates 'age out' sporadically but its not within the control of users - I will however look at adding an option to allow this as part of the update cycle at some point because a few people have mentioned they want this.

(it probably won't be until January however, sorry but my family have expressed a desire for my company over Christmas - selfish of them I know ;) )

I see, not a problem, just thought there was something I missed 😛

Sounds like a good feature though, so I hope it gets added!

Have a good Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect - Being able to remove affiliated clubs would be a massive help.

Also - When you get a new affiliated club, they are generally a waste of time. Great idea and addition to the game mind you.

To improve it - is there any way to help chose, or put perimeters down to the clubs you can get?

I.e. chose a Spanish side, or a certain division etc?.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jamie_B_105 said:

Perfect - Being able to remove affiliated clubs would be a massive help.

Also - When you get a new affiliated club, they are generally a waste of time. Great idea and addition to the game mind you.

To improve it - is there any way to help chose, or put perimeters down to the clubs you can get?

I.e. chose a Spanish side, or a certain division etc?.

The removal I can definitely slot into an update.

I'll have a think about how to improve the other aspects of this for the next iteration - some things might be beyond an update and have to wait on version + 1 though (simply because of translations and the amount of time it might take to implement).

PS - Thanks for the feedback, knowing people like the concept makes it much more likely it'll evolve going forward, one of the reasons we do 'taster' features like this is to see whether they're interesting to people before sinking huge amounts of dev time into an area.

4 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The removal I can definitely slot into an update.

I'll have a think about how to improve the other aspects of this for the next iteration - some things might be beyond an update and have to wait on version + 1 though (simply because of translations and the amount of time it might take to implement).

PS - Thanks for the feedback, knowing people like the concept makes it much more likely it'll evolve going forward, one of the reasons we do 'taster' features like this is to see whether they're interesting to people before sinking huge amounts of dev time into an area.

I find the feature really helpful, but it would indeed help if we at least got a little say in it. Even if it would only be like on the PC, where you can suggest one affiliate out of a few the board proposed

• 11 months later...

Hi, I just came across this forum because I was facing the same issue. I took Real Valladolid in my save from Segunda Divison (Spanish 2nd league). And from the beginning the team already has 7 affiliate clubs. All of them are completely unusable. I'm now promoted to the La Liga (Spanish 1st league) and I can't loan any of my players (except the academy graduates) to any of my affiliate clubs. 

It's sad because I have so many players that now are just rotting away at my second team and are constantly lowering in value. 

I'm playing FM22 on mobile by the way. 

Is there any way to remove affiliate clubs in FM 22 mobile version???