Match engine slows down

Wookash87

Hi, I'm playing on Huawei Mediapad M5 4/64gb version and when I play in FM 20, match engine in 2D view works smooth. In this year edition, It looks like FPS drops sometimes and goes back to normal in few seconds. Its annoying... Is it possible, that match engine from FM 20 to FM 21, was improved to much for my tablet? 

I get this also playing on the same device and using the 2D view also. Matches seem to start off smooth but then lag and stutter kick in as it goes on. It's as if the hardware struggles to keep the frame rate up on the match engine graphics while everything else is going on in the background. It's a shame as when it's smooth it looks amazing!

I've got around 40% internal storage space free, plus around 30% free on SD card

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping this would have been refined in the update but it seems to have gotten so much worse.... severe lagging from start to end! The tablet just can't cope with everything going on it seems, should it be this different to last year when that ran smoothly?