Stuttery Match Engine and game speed

Device is a Lenovo Chromebook Duet.

In matches with the enhanced engine highlights seem to have a stutter about them every couple of seconds where the frame rate slows momentarily to around half of what it's meant to run at. Happens maybe every 3 or 4 seconds real time. For reference it feels a little smoother on higher highlight speeds 

Also on this device, the highlight speed slider doesn't seem to do anything when slowing down. I wanted to slow down the engine so seconds are 1:1 to better analyse what was going on but even on the lowest setting it was the same speed as default. Put it the other direction however and it was fine.

For reference I also had both of these issues on fmm 20 on this same device. I also had the stutter problem on my Google pixel 3axl too.

Thanks

• SI Staff

I've mentioned this to the devs, we dont have that device in house so we cant check it - the thoughts are that the device should be able to handle it. We should be able to get our hands on a similar device and look into this for you.

2 hours ago, Daniel Dawson said:

I've mentioned this to the devs, we dont have that device in house so we cant check it - the thoughts are that the device should be able to handle it. We should be able to get our hands on a similar device and look into this for you.

Cheers, I actually had the same issue on my same 2 devices (Pixel 3aXL and Lenovo Duet) with FMM 20 too but didnt' think anything of it. 

It was only when I watched a review of the mobile game that I noticed how buttery smooth it looked compared to my gameplay!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry but just to add to this.  The match engine was fine before the Android update.  Also, the in-match substitutions seem to be a bit laggy, as in, when dragging a sub across to replace a player in the playing 11.  Again, this was not like this before the A11 update

Thanks