FM21 - Inter 433 and 442

Hello,

I'd like to know your opinions and inputs on these 2 formations I created for Inter players.

458941068_inter433.jpg.d6129df2505c4b3a94f674b1f01e6106.jpg

PI's:

FB(at) - Stay wider

AP(s) - Sit narrower

BBM - Stay wider - Not only to give more space to RGA to operate, but also to ocuppy wider zones so the IF can cut inside. And I also have a more conservative FB on that side.

IF (a) - Roam from position

My central defenders are not fast, so it's better to avoid using a higher defensive line

Now this 442 it's to acomodate Lukaku in the lineup:

607112495_inter442.jpg.2228eccc6f0f469de90912c310092fef.jpg

PI's:

FB(a) - Stay wider

WM(s) - Sit narrower

IW(a) - Roam from position

Even though my defenders are not quick, and  there's no DMC, the higher defensive line helps to make the lines more compact.

So what do you think?

Thanks!

Edited by mikcheck

In that first system, what's the thinking of having the Regista behind a CM(D)? Obviously the roles are tied to the position in the tactics screen, but how does that play out in attacking transitions? Do they cross over and does the CM impede the Regista?

As a system is looks like it lacks a bit of dynamism. I know you're set to Counter which will have an impact but I'm not sure that you get much consistent thrust from central midfield so you're kind of reliant on the FB(A), BBM and IF(A) to do anything. Inter are fairly strong in Serie A which might gloss over some of that in the league, but I can see that lack of teeth being exposed in Europe.

I prefer the look of the 4-4-2 but would suggest you keep an eye on the space for the BBM and CF. Strikers can really get involved more in build-up play in FM21 so it may be that they occupy the same space too much. It might make sense to swap those CM roles round but then you risk Hakimi being exposed in defensive transitions.

5 horas atrás, RTHerringbone disse:

In that first system, what's the thinking of having the Regista behind a CM(D)? Obviously the roles are tied to the position in the tactics screen, but how does that play out in attacking transitions? Do they cross over and does the CM impede the Regista?

As a system is looks like it lacks a bit of dynamism. I know you're set to Counter which will have an impact but I'm not sure that you get much consistent thrust from central midfield so you're kind of reliant on the FB(A), BBM and IF(A) to do anything. Inter are fairly strong in Serie A which might gloss over some of that in the league, but I can see that lack of teeth being exposed in Europe.

Thanks for your reply!

The reason for the CM(d) is purely to offer some cover to the roaming Regista and since Hakimi is very aggressive on that side, that why I did it. I want the playmaker in the midfield to be right in the centre, because then I have Eriksen as a playmaker on the wing. Even though Erisken he is perfectly suitable for a playmaker role, I could use him as an IW, but then that role has dribble more (just like Winger has it) and dribble is clearly not one of his strengths.

What would you change in that formation?

5 horas atrás, RTHerringbone disse:

I prefer the look of the 4-4-2 but would suggest you keep an eye on the space for the BBM and CF. Strikers can really get involved more in build-up play in FM21 so it may be that they occupy the same space too much. It might make sense to swap those CM roles round but then you risk Hakimi being exposed in defensive transitions.

Yes, I've thought about that too, but I think it needs to be as it is to balance the team defensively.  By switching them, Hakimi would be really exposed, not only because of the switch, but because Eriksen has a really low work rate and Hakimi also has poor positioning and good off the ball, so he MUST definitely be attacking down that flank, giving width while Eriksen goes inside.

Edited by mikcheck

11 hours ago, mikcheck said:

What would you change in that formation?

It's just that movement between the CM(D) and Regista that might be an issue. On paper everything makes sense but if that Regista / CM think is an issue, then it could be worth instead having a straightforward Defensive Midfielder at DM and change Eriksen to a WM (rather than your proposed alternative of IW).

The WM is very tweakable so you can tell it to dribble less, take more risks, roam from position - basically everything a Playmaker role would have, albeit without the playmaker focus (which might be fine if the Regista role moved to the right-sided CM slot and is whichever other playeymaker role you want).

2 horas atrás, RTHerringbone disse:

It's just that movement between the CM(D) and Regista that might be an issue. On paper everything makes sense but if that Regista / CM think is an issue, then it could be worth instead having a straightforward Defensive Midfielder at DM and change Eriksen to a WM (rather than your proposed alternative of IW).

The WM is very tweakable so you can tell it to dribble less, take more risks, roam from position - basically everything a Playmaker role would have, albeit without the playmaker focus (which might be fine if the Regista role moved to the right-sided CM slot and is whichever other playeymaker role you want).

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that and I also agree, the WM isn't an option in the AM slot though, just in the midfield strata. But anyway, and has you said, I also like the look of the 442 and I think it still fits this Inter team, and I can also fit Lukaku there. Even though it's not the kind of player I like for that position, I think him and Lautaro can work well together.