What is a "high profile player" in relation to your club?

Hi people, help me out with one question, please.

My freshly promoted club has adopted "sign high profile players" in it's vision, but I can't understand, who to consider "high profile", what's the benchmark? It's logical, that for example Real and Valladolid have different standards on players being high profile, but what's the criteria? Should a player have more rep than a club, be an international or have an experience in top clubs before? Scout reports say that some players meet new signing philosophy, but I have three criteria, so it's no way to tell

I have a very limited budget, so I won't want to spend it all just to find out I've botched signing philosophy entirely

5 minutes ago, Pav_Makarov said:

so I won't want to spend it all just to find out I've botched signing philosophy entirely

While I don't know the exact answer, I can tell you that the game will indicate if the player will fulfill a philosophy. It's there when you make an offer for the player (if he does fulfill a philosophy). It might be mentioned in the scout report too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

10 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It might be mentioned in the scout report too

Yes, but my report says just "player meets new signing philisophy", but i have three criteria: sign players under 23, not giving long deals for player over 30 and high profile, so I can't tell which exact criteria do I meet with this guy. Or should I assume that he fits all three if none is specified? 

On 19/10/2020 at 09:06, Pav_Makarov said:

Yes, but my report says just "player meets new signing philisophy", but i have three criteria: sign players under 23, not giving long deals for player over 30 and high profile, so I can't tell which exact criteria do I meet with this guy. Or should I assume that he fits all three if none is specified? 

When you go on make a transfer offer it should tell you on the left hand side of the screen which philosophy exactly he’ll fulfill

As a rule of thumb (because I have the same at Wolves) I look for players with higher reputation than the club - so Juan Mata met it, but Fabio Silva did not

18 hours ago, gunner86 said:

When you go on make a transfer offer it should tell you on the left hand side of the screen which philosophy exactly he’ll fulfill

Oh, didn't pay attention to it, thanks. I only looked on scouting report, but those don't specify that. Will try that next transfer window