Looking for guidance/opinions on my 4-1-4-1

I will start by saying I have NEVER created my own tactic before.  I have always tried but I have a terrible time trying to understand everything involved.  I usually use one of knap's tactics.  I decided to try again and I have spent the last few days reading the tactics forum and trying to learn.  So once I thought I had a better idea on what I was doing, I created a 4-1-4-1 DM Wide tactic.  I wanted to try and create a wide open attack.  I counter and push both when I have and do not have possession.  I have them counter and counter pressing.  i try to keep things moving as fast as I can.  I have had some really good results and I am getting a lot of shots.  I have scored 50 goals among the starting 5 attacking players with the fullbacks helping as well.  The defense is doing well also.  Possession is only around 40% but I have shutout Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City(twice), Arsenal, Wolves, and Leicester.  I've only conceded 6 goals in the league so the defense is doing well also.

I guess I'm asking for opinions because sine it's my first tactic I'm skeptical I actually created a solid one or is it down to players or maybe the base tactic is overpowered?  I guess I have a hard time believing I created something this good.  Any opinions/ideas to make it better or just general information is much appreciated

ManUtd-4141.png

2 hours ago, rocky0 said:

I have had some really good results and I am getting a lot of shots.  I have scored 50 goals among the starting 5 attacking players with the fullbacks helping as well.  The defense is doing well also.  Possession is only around 40% but I have shutout Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City(twice), Arsenal, Wolves, and Leicester.  I've only conceded 6 goals in the league so the defense is doing well also

Which means that the tactic obviously works very nicely for you and your team. Therefore, just stick to it :thup: 

2 hours ago, rocky0 said:

I guess I'm asking for opinions because sine it's my first tactic I'm skeptical I actually created a solid one or is it down to players or maybe the base tactic is overpowered?

What do you mean by "base tactic"?

First rule of FM, if it works it works.

Roles and duties are well spread, players attacking different areas whilst others support.  The only thing I would change is the DM from DLP-Su to DM-Su because I don't want them both trying to get the ball from team mates and would prefer Pogba to get the ball more instead of Vidal.

Not surprised only 40% possession, your on a super high mentality (lots of risk taken not just by attack duties), then you've added Pass Into Space and Run At Defence so I think every single player except CD is trying both often as no role&duty is told to do them rarely (to block the TI).  You could try to make it a bit more efficient like giving Wan-Bissaka PI to do rarely so he just gives it to someone better than him, but maybe they're easy through balls down the line to Chiesa so he's not that wasteful?

Only other thing is to watch for injuries, i'm guessing the intensity is quite high with Attacking and all those Out of Possession instructions.

17 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Which means that the tactic obviously works very nicely for you and your team. Therefore, just stick to it :thup: 

What do you mean by "base tactic"?

I was just referring to the tactic without any changes being made to it, as in you use the tactic the way it was orignally setup with o changes at all.  I remember reading before that some thought using 3 strikers was an exploit on the game engine and I was just wondering if it could be possible that the 4-1-4-1 could be that way. 

11 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

First rule of FM, if it works it works.

Roles and duties are well spread, players attacking different areas whilst others support.  The only thing I would change is the DM from DLP-Su to DM-Su because I don't want them both trying to get the ball from team mates and would prefer Pogba to get the ball more instead of Vidal.

Not surprised only 40% possession, your on a super high mentality (lots of risk taken not just by attack duties), then you've added Pass Into Space and Run At Defence so I think every single player except CD is trying both often as no role&duty is told to do them rarely (to block the TI).  You could try to make it a bit more efficient like giving Wan-Bissaka PI to do rarely so he just gives it to someone better than him, but maybe they're easy through balls down the line to Chiesa so he's not that wasteful?

Only other thing is to watch for injuries, i'm guessing the intensity is quite high with Attacking and all those Out of Possession instructions.

I appreciate your thoughts and will look into it as I agree that I would want Chiesa to be more involved.  As far as injuries, I have been lucky so far.  I'm going to start going into more games so I might have to re-adjust it some.  I have been more and more setting the intensity down once we get the lead, I was hoping that will help keep them a little less tired.  It will be something I will be watching definitely.

Thanks again for your thoughts

35 minutes ago, rocky0 said:

I was just referring to the tactic without any changes being made to it, as in you use the tactic the way it was orignally setup with o changes at all.  I remember reading before that some thought using 3 strikers was an exploit on the game engine and I was just wondering if it could be possible that the 4-1-4-1 could be that way

Wait a minute... are you talking about the tactic or formation? Because they are not the same thing. You can create a number of different tactics within any formation.